French Navy

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

PvtBenjamin

French Navy

Post by PvtBenjamin »

I should know this but if a French ship is in a Brit port when France falls is there a possibility it stays with the Allies (like land & air).
GeneralFerraro

RE: French Navy

Post by GeneralFerraro »

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin

I should know this but if a French ship is in a Brit port when France falls is there a possibility it stays with the Allies (like land & air).

Yes, I have seen this happening more than once. French ships in Brit ports stay with the Allies, and they can be upgraded with Brit research advances. I don't know the odds for the initial "transition," though.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

In my games, the French navy ferociously attacked my German navy before the fall of France so usually it was sunk (along with some precious German ships) before I could see how the surrender affects it.
I learned the hard way to keep the German navy safely away from the fierce French navy.
I think they were trying to use up their navy in battle before risking losing it in the surrender.
The British destruction event of French ships in port doesn't happen in this game?
Elessar2

Post by Elessar2 »

I think significant damage to the French Navy should incur some serious national morale penalties (as a means of deterring the "Kamikazie French" tactic in question).

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”