Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
LLv34Mika

Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies)

Post by LLv34Mika »

Hi everyone,

this is our second game. I played my very first game as Axis vs KZ and lost (no big surprise). Since we both had no game running it was a perfect situation for a rematch.

KZ started his Blitzkrieg. Heavy losses for the defenders of Poland but I think there was a little mistake already. One of his fighter squadrons was in range of a polish army. Not a very strong one but better than nothing. 4 damage dealt to a German fighter in turn 1 is pretty ok.

The antiquated tactical bombers made a desperate move and tried to deal some damage to a German HQ. 2 damage... by far more than I was hoping for.

Everything else is confidential. Let's see how that game evolves. No diplo moves of Mr Ribbentrop so far.
"Oderint, dum metuant."
KorutZelva

RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies)

Post by KorutZelva »

Snapshot before the fall...

room

Post by room »

That is some heavy polish counter attack! They deserve poems and all the iron they ll soon get [:D]
LLv34Mika

Post by LLv34Mika »

Poland surrendered... already curious how KZ will start his war in the west.

France replaced the Maginot Line armies with smaller corps to have more powerful units for the (hopefully long) way to Paris.

German subs are not hunting so far but one British sub is already raiding the Norway convoy line. To my big surprise Germany did not start any diplomatic efforts in the first two turns. I was a bit sceptic but now I started my own efforts. Very lucky too as it seems since I already got a 14% hit for Spain in the first turn. Would be great to see Spain staying out of the war.

Everything else quiet so far.
"Oderint, dum metuant."
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Will be trying something that has not been attempted in any AARs. I'm curious on how it will go down... [:D]
room

Post by room »

No Molotov pact ? [:D]
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: room

No Molotov pact ? [:D]

Nah... can't be that. Crispy tried that one already vs Sugar.

Nov '39, denmark and luxenbourg are captured...
LLv34Mika

Post by LLv34Mika »

Stalin honored the pact but did not accept any changes.

The first surprising thing was that the Germans hurried the production of the Fallschirmjaeger. Probably trying an early sealion?
France did choose to let the communist party spread their anti war propaganda. Stalin is happy about that but the French army is... well... they are French. What else should I add?

Spain still had a 2% pro allied (!) leaning.

Btw, perfect weather here. Probably goint to leave one day earlier. Maybe this was my last turn until tuesday evening.
"Oderint, dum metuant."
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

I had a clear sky-mud turn (Dec '39) in the west but since I just forced marched to death, I passed the opportunity to attack the low countries in favor of waiting for my readiness to rise again.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I presume Norway went with Denmark too?
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

I presume Norway went with Denmark too?

I rarely if ever use the decision to conquer denmark. I do it manually. The decision for Norway isn't hasten when you do though, it will trigger on cue in the spring.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Ahh... wasn't keeping that close attention to the timing.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
room

Post by room »

Could you do tutorial on why doing dennark mannually? I'm curious... it's just for the pillage? how much is it? 30-40 ?
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Mostly because he's stubborn. [:'(]

I would have to run tests but it may actually be a bad decision if manually declaring war increases US and/or Soviet Mobilization levels.
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Could you do tutorial on why doing dennark mannually? I'm curious... it's just for the pillage? how much is it? 30-40 ?

Mostly because he's stubborn. [:'(]

Taxman is right. It started as a matter of principle, there's no game mechanic hurdle to really need it to have this done via decision. [:'(]

But now I keep doing it because of money. Cashing in on the early paradrop in Breslau is 50 mp and about as much in plunder. Unlocks about 16+ mpp per turn earlier. Plus saves on the cost of using the decision.

You have the medium bomber already in the general area and the breslau paradrop are about 2 force march to get into position. It's not like they would have much to do before Spring either...
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

What about Luxembourg?
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Don't you loose a pip of experience on the paratrooper?
room

Post by room »

So you win maybe about 165 to 180 by doing this? It's very precious at this stage of the game. And do you get a US diplo hit? a URSS one?

I might tried it on.
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: Sugar

What about Luxembourg?

A bit of premptive preparation for moving west. Sometimes weather clears during winter and its nice to have a few extra hex closer to lunge at benelux.

Don't you loose a pip of experience on the paratrooper?

yepp, but its but a small sacrifice.

So you win maybe about 165 to 180 by doing this? It's very precious at this stage of the game. And do you get a US diplo hit? a URSS one?

I might tried it on.

You do trigger the usual ire from both... but you impress Italy too so they get more income from them.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Why not in the first turn?

Return to “After Action Reports”