Any New News Updates??

3D version of Close Combat
GrdAdmiral

Any New News Updates??

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Any new news stories, screenshots, or videos? Any chance that you can promote ranks like in Close Combat 3 The Russian Front? The higher rank, the more squads you can use are unlocked? That would work well since it’s a persistent force pool.
GrizzlyKt

RE: Any New News Updates??

Post by GrizzlyKt »

any news please
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

After the Alpha feedback the team are frantically working on a real Beta version to get people playing on. Unfortunately we can't unchain them to respond on the forums, as this has led to escape attempts in the past (and hence a progressively smaller team [:(] ).

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
bazza05

Post by bazza05 »

Can you give us a rough timeline on when the beta might launch?

B.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Honestly, no. I could, but if we miss it we then get grief for promising something and not delivering.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

An exact date is not necessary for me. But confidence in a release year would be great.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Pip is right, I prefer do not know nothing than to know a date which it can be false. In the past, it was the big mistake from the game. However, now they are following the good path and everything will come when it be ready.
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

Unfortunately we can't unchain them to respond on the forums
Terrific race, the Romans...
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

Pip is right, I prefer do not know nothing than to know a date which it can be false. In the past, it was the big mistake from the game. However, now they are following the good path and everything will come when it be ready.

Normada. How many games recently have become vapour ware that have silently slipped into obscurity? How many games get shelves half way through development with not a word from anybody?
This game has been in development for a long time and I am keen as mustard. Having a goal in my humble opinion is much better than simply leaving things open ended. Sure they may have an internal date. But their is nothing to motivate a team more than having a date public. Perhaps this is the problem. I don't want to see this fail but I do not want to see it slip into obscurity either. I also want to play it before I die.
I guess these days I am just tired of waiting for the ever longer dev cycles. Star Citizen being one of the most lengthy I have invested in. But their are many others that have small teams that never deliver or just cannot get the quality required today out and be successful. Developers, even small ones, tend to have to do engine conversions or updates half way through game cycles. How long has this one been in development?
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

How many games recently have become vapour ware that have silently slipped into obscurity? How many games get shelves half way through development with not a word from anybody?
Many but it is not the case. The game is at development and I am not worried by something as do not be finished. This game more or less were in development 4 years or more but they changed the engine one time because between other possible reasons, we, the game community wanted some which we could edit at 100%. With Archon we can, I have seen with my own eyes how you can add 3D models in this engine easily and all the other things can be edited a lot better than if the game had been made at Unity3D.

This additional work increased the release timings and now we must wait.
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

I understand the design decisions. The problem is that this planning should have been done properly from the start so no engine change was needed.
The best solution for me I guess is not to follow development and to consider more battlefront games and Art of Combat - Anzio 44 (which is looking very vapour ware as well). Maybe il2 Sturmoviks new tank simulator. I recently got tank
I guess, with friends at least. We will have to continue playing steel division. Warfare tunisia which seems ok as well. But what I really want is this :)
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

You are being very hard and non-sense for something which it was played yet by people out the development team and thanks to them the game is being more improved. [:)]

Now, I can easily wait because I know how the game is not vapour.
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Maybe.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Not vapour? Four plus years with only a few screenshots to show says otherwise. I want to play this game as much as everyone else, but it's just not going to happen any time soon.

A status update quote from the developers in 2016:

Recently we have all been busy re-assessing the requirements for Close Combat (there will be more information on
this shortly) and this in turn has meant a complete schedule revision.

However, this process is now comple and The Bloody First is in full production and we plan to start beta testing
during January 2017 (and to release before the end of Q2 2017).

Anyway, things happen, so I shall end my negativity about this game here.
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

ORIGINAL: FroBodine
The Bloody First is in full production and we plan to start beta testing
during January 2017 (and to release before the end of Q2 2017).

YEAH[:)]
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Not vapour? Four plus years with only a few screenshots to show says otherwise. I want to play this game as much as everyone else, but it's just not going to happen any time soon.
Where have you been living? in a cave?[:D] The past months several reviews in many web sites were published, videos, screenshots and more.

Even an alpha version was started where some fortunate people could test it.[;)]

SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

We all know 2017 Release didnt happen. - So what if the game is delayed. Go play the older releases in the mean time. Probably lots of gameplay hours still left in them for most of us.
The Bloody first entered Alpha testing during april and now the team works on fixing errors and finalizing stuff before Beta-testing opens:
ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

The current plan is for a break in testing to allow us to work on feedback we have gotten, and to finalise the other features, prior to a beta phase. We don't have a date but the break it likely to be measured in months.

Cheers

Pip
thekromewolf

Post by thekromewolf »

just let it be boys, they will get the job done, they probaly have a small dev team, how about this, as a community is there anything we can do to help? does anyone have any skills they could offer part time to help the team like texturing, making models or i dunno something that will help? :) i wish i had some experience in making games but i dont :/
GeeDub

Post by GeeDub »

My personal, humble opinion is that most posters don't have a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes in the development of a game such as this, all the coding, debuging, recoding, etc. Then the alpha testing, then recoding and debuging again. Then when they think it is ready, out for initial beta testing, and repeat the cycle again, and again until satisfied it is ready for release as the final product version 1.0.

These guys are most likely always working their tails off, and no one outside of that small group ever notices. All this appears to go for naught as the posters are pretty hard on the team.

Give them some breathing room. If you think you can do a better job, have at it, and good luck, you are going to need it.

Off my soap box now.
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Totally agree!
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”