Is there any way to tweak play balance?

Brian Kellys Desert War: 1940-42 captures the drama of the campaign for North Africa during World War II.
bdoubled

Is there any way to tweak play balance?

Post by bdoubled »

I often like to learn game mechanics - especially ones new to me, like WEGO - by enhancing my strength and abilities, or handicapping the AI's strength and abilities. Is there any way to do that in this game? Then, as I improve my skills, I can take the "training wheels" off and play for real.

(And, to be perfectly honest, sometimes I like to play a nice slam-dunk to unwind from an especially hard day at work.)
Bill
bcgames

RE: Is there any way to tweak play balance?

Post by bcgames »

ORIGINAL: bdoubled
I often like to learn game mechanics - especially ones new to me, like WEGO - by enhancing my strength and abilities, or handicapping the AI's strength and abilities. Is there any way to do that in this game? Then, as I improve my skills, I can take the "training wheels" off and play for real.
Yes, you can adjust strength, readiness, etc. of friendly units (via the editor). The performance of the AI can be enhanced or hobbled via the Player vs AI Scenario selection screen.
bcgames

RE: Is there any way to tweak play balance?

Post by bcgames »

If you select AI Bonus+ then the AI has unlimited supply and can see all the players units--no detection required.

If you select AI Bonus- then the AI gets no supply (Fuel/Ammo)...which basically means the AI's attack and movement factors are halved.

Attachments
AdjustAI.jpg
AdjustAI.jpg (154.47 KiB) Viewed 80 times

Return to “Desert War 1940 - 1942”