Map will not stop scrolling

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

SDRobot

Map will not stop scrolling

Post by SDRobot »

The latest patch has given me nothing but headaches. My anti-virus quarantined the .exe file and it took me some time to sort that out. Got it up and running again but now I find that the map view will not stay centred and as soon as I load any scenario, the map view will scroll to one of the edges. I can use the mouse or keys to re-centre the view but as soon as I release control, the map scrolls to the edge again.

I assume this is due to the fact that I have a joystick, throttle, and rudders plugged into my PC. I've had issues with other Slitherine/Matrix titles such as Check Your 6! and Heroes of Normandie and I was told that the devs could not resolve the issue. I'd rather not have to root around under the desk to unplug all my devices each time I want to play OoB. This game worked prior to the latest patch. Is there any way to revert to the older version of the game?
VPaulus

RE: Map will not stop scrolling

Post by VPaulus »

The issue with Avast, is not a problem with the update itself, but with Avast and its lousy heuristics. That's the reason why Avast he's one of the anti-virus (AVG also) nowadays more prone to false positives.
Create a scan exclusion area rule for the game in Avast.

Regarding the issue with the controllers, the developer is looking into it and it should be fixed in the next patch.

You can revert the game to the old version but it's better to uninstall and reinstall 6.1.7 and then reinstall 6.1.8:

http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... v6.1.7.zip
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... v6.1.8.zip
Meteor2

Post by Meteor2 »

Same problem here.
Running Kaspersky as Anti Virus and I had never this problem before.
Meteor2

Post by Meteor2 »

I "solved" the problem by adjusting the Z-axis of the Logitech joystick.[8|]

Return to “Tech Support”