Winterized units

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Jagdtiger14

Winterized units

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Can I have it confirmed that there is a bug concerning winterized units?
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Centuur

RE: Winterized units

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Can I have it confirmed that there is a bug concerning winterized units?

I haven't seen one for a long time now...
Peter
Majorball68

Post by Majorball68 »

To clarify, if the defender declines to use an elite winter unit in combat doe this exclude the attacker from including all their elite winter units?

The option for the defender appears and when declined the attacker is no given an opportunity to use winter units in attack.

Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Majorball68

To clarify, if the defender declines to use an elite winter unit in combat doe this exclude the attacker from including all their elite winter units?

The option for the defender appears and when declined the attacker is no given an opportunity to use winter units in attack.

If you've got a saved game, I'll pass it on to Steve for fixing. It's not a bug which is on the bug list (but that is a little behind, I believe).
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Why would the defender ever decline?? There is no first loss requirement for the defender.
Paul
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Why would the defender ever decline?? There is no first loss requirement for the defender.

I agree on that one. Personally, I believe it should not be asked for the defending side, but be automatic. But even than, if one declines, MWIF should give the attacker the possibility of including winterized units...
Peter
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

What's happening is the game is requesting the defender (Soviets) if they want to use the Winterized bonus instead of asking the Germans (Finns). If you pretend the Soviets are the Germans, then make your selection, everything works out fine.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

MWIF isn't coded that way.

Using the 1D10 Land CRT, only the attacker can use the benefit of Winterized units.

Using the 2D10 Land CRT, both sides can use the benefit.

The standard rules (for 1D10) state that the first loss "using this benefit" must come from winterized units (there are exceptions).

The program code interprets "using this benefit" to apply to both attacker and defender.

===

The bug described above, only occurs if the defender declines.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Here is the save. Just advance game. Note: the first thing that will happen is the mini-window to answer the winterized question will be hidden behind the big window, so you will have to use FN+F10 to roll up the large window.

2d10.
Attachments
winterizedissue.zip
(1.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

MWIF isn't coded that way.

Using the 1D10 Land CRT, only the attacker can use the benefit of Winterized units.

Using the 2D10 Land CRT, both sides can use the benefit.

The standard rules (for 1D10) state that the first loss "using this benefit" must come from winterized units (there are exceptions).

The program code interprets "using this benefit" to apply to both attacker and defender.

===
Right, I misremembered that provision.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”