Changing Weapons

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

jcollins42

Changing Weapons

Post by jcollins42 »

Hello. I'm running CMANO 1.14 build 9998.8 with all the latest DBs. I'm running it on an iMac using Windows 10 via Bootcamp.

I haven't played this in over a year so after downloading the updates and seeing the new DLCs I was excited to get going, but in the PUSH scenario I wanted to swap out torpedoes for TLAMs. The weapons window pops up, but there are no buttons at the bottom of the window, then again, maybe that isn't how it works. I've tried scenarios from the past and the newer scenarios and I have the same problem.

I'm clearly missing something, but what? Is it just a check on Reload Priority?
Cik

RE: Changing Weapons

Post by Cik »

are you running it in editor, or scenario play?
jcollins42

Post by jcollins42 »

Scenario Play
Cik

Post by Cik »

can't edit mags in scenario play, it's considered an editor function AFAIK.

if you are a player, what you get is what you get.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hi,
ORIGINAL: jcollins42
I'm clearly missing something, but what? Is it just a check on Reload Priority?

Yes. By checking the "reload priority" checkbox you are essentially telling the crew that you want this weapon loaded on the launcher instead.

This of course assumes that the weapon is already present on the platform (either on the shared magazines or in the mount-dedicated magazine). If you want to add a weapon that is not in the platform at all, you have to be in ScenEdit mode.

Thanks.
NimrodX

Post by NimrodX »

Yes reload priority is what you want.

But beware that if a particular type of ammo has been completely expended and you try to select it to reload with that ammo/weapon type, you won't get a warning or anything. The crew will just sort of ignore you and nothing will happen. So if there are TLAMs in the tubes and you select a type of torpedo that has already been completely expended, they will just leave the TLAMs in the tubes forever or until you select something that they still have one of.

So don't forget to check the weapon count to make sure there is some of that weapon left before you try to load it.

(Yes I've made this mistake already because I couldn't interpret the numbers or something.)
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Actually that's a nice suggestion.... warn the player when he desires reload priority on a weapon that is not available. Thanks!
NimrodX

Post by NimrodX »

Thanks. I hadn't really thought to suggest it because it seems like people ought to be paying attention once they know what they're looking at, but it would be useful for "noobs" who aren't used to looking at the weapons list and don't yet find it obvious when a weapon is actually at 0 units remaining.
jcollins42

Post by jcollins42 »

Thanks, all. I THINK my symptoms are: I have TLAMS present in the mag and ADCAPS in the tubes. I want to load the cruise missiles into the tubes in place of the torps. If checking Reload Priority is the step to make that swap then I'll give it a shot.
NimrodX

Post by NimrodX »

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Actually that's a nice suggestion.... warn the player when he desires reload priority on a weapon that is not available. Thanks!

Now that I think about it, the easiest thing to do might be to just hide the checkbox for anything with a remaining count of 0. That way you can't even select it and it would be really obvious.

ORIGINAL: jcollins42

Thanks, all. I THINK my symptoms are: I have TLAMS present in the mag and ADCAPS in the tubes. I want to load the cruise missiles into the tubes in place of the torps. If checking Reload Priority is the step to make that swap then I'll give it a shot.

Don't forget it will take a while for those guys to move those heavy things around in that cramped sub, so it will take a minute or two. But the Weapons window will show you the remaining reload time after you unpause. It should say something like "Reloading: 1m 15s remaining" etc.

Return to “Tech Support”