Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
crispy131313

RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0

Post by crispy131313 »

Hi Romimstev, the community pack is very old version. You can find the most recent in post #1 and this should be installed in your user/my documents/sc3/campaigns directory.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Elessar2

Post by Elessar2 »

Question about Axis oil...

I got a message around January 1st, 1943: "Oil Shortages Hamper Axis Economies."

I soon noticed (to my horror) that all of my supply factors on my HQ's had something like "4/8", and my hitting power was thus reduced. I guess that was the result of this specific event...

I checked the event script--and at first assumed that the 8 locations in question were all the oil wells that Germany can potentially take (I count 13: Rumania's, 4 in the Caucasus, 8 in the Middle East). Since I had like 7 of them at the time, I assumed that I had simply missed one (which I had, in Saudi Arabia)...

But after I went to the map I saw that all the hexes in question were inside Germany proper, which has no oil wells (not sure if you have a script to simulate the synthetic oil industry or not). I am not sure what is supposed to happen at those hexes, or what I can do about it as an Axis player. If I may then, said shortage should be fully contingent on the Axis controlling at least 8 of the 13 oil wells in question on or after that date.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

PSA:

I have 2 known script errors that I will fix in the next update.

1. Irish Airfields - this will only fire if UK surrenders, it should activate upon Sealion. For now select "No"
2. Finnish Engineers - I missed including the unit script, so if you have the option to build Finnish Engineers then instead direct resources to Civil projects in the Decision Event and gain NM instead.

Also how long has Finland lasted for players? I may scale back some of the NM hits.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

Hi crispy

I just complete FWII 15.0 playing as AXIS vs ALLIED AI. (AXIS Tactical Victory by May 1945).
Here is final situation:

EAST Front:
Leningrad Captured (Finland still Alive)
Moscow/Stalingrad under Siege

West Front:
D-Day failed as I could repulse any landings.
Spain and Portugal remains Neutral

Scandinavia:
Norway Occupied, Finland and Sweden Join Axis

Balkans:
Greece, Yougaslavia occupied
Turkey join Allied side (Ankara under Siege)
Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary remains Axis side

Middle East:
Egypt, Jordania ,Palestine, Iran, Irak occupied

North Africa:
Lybia remains under Italy control
Malta Captured
Tunisia Occupied
Algeria and Morroco under USA control

I notice some problems that I think are related to AI script (so not a MOD issue).

By 1943 I could resist, mainly defending on North African Front against UK offensives
But suddenly I could counter attack and capture Alexandria/Cairo very easely (Only HQ's and Aircraft as defenders?)
I think AI evacuate all Ground British forces to prepare D-Day in France.
My thinking is AI should keep some reasonable defense in Middle east as long as Tripoli/Bengazi is under Axis Hand.
Torch did occur, but US troops stopped in Tunisia (AI could have push to Tripoli as I get only 1 Italy Guarnison unit there) but it simply didnt happen

The D-DAY landing Area is too much predictable (Thats fine as it reflect history landings) but after several turns of bloody Landing failures, I think AI should consider some other landing options (eg French SW coast, Belgium, Netherland)

I dont know if you can do something for this 2 topics (tweaking Ai script). Your Mod is anyway really enjoyable to play even vs AI

1 last thinking, Maybe you could add 1 INF Div in the Croatia Force pool (currently only 1 Garnison can be purchased)

Thanks for this great Mod

Christophe

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Thanks for the feedback Sipres.

Egypt - I don't think the units are transporting away at least there isn't anything triggering it that I can see, is it possible that you finally won a war of attrition? Also in 16.0 the Italians have a bit of a tougher time since their Infantry Armies defensive stats are reduced until they reach Infantry Weapons II, so that may put the additional pressure on Italy I am hoping to achieve fairly (without giving UK AI Uber units).

Tunisia - The Americans are supposed to continue onward, perhaps the Army Group was weakened in total unit count (maybe garrisoning Algiers/Tunisia) along the way which would halt the advance. I've now written up a reinforcement script (transport) for a one time reinforcement at Algiers which should provide USA with troops necessary to advance on Tripoli.

D-Day
- I agree it can be predictable where D-Day will land, so I made some contingency scripts which I'll include in the next version. I say contingency as the Allies will only try these gambits if the historical way is not working, in which case what has the AI to lose?

Croatia - I agree, I've now included 1 Infantry Division
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

how long until next version is released?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I can upload it tomorrow.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Fall Weiss II 17.0 linked below. This is an update to the 8 Major version, the last 7 major version was 12.0 (which still works fine).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ymb85euhw1vk ... 0.zip?dl=0

This is a small update, mainly to cover 2 known errors and to balance Finland's National Morale.

Changes for 17.0

- Fixed Secret Protocol for Ireland to join the Allies (situational DE event)
- Finnish Engineer will now appear the Decision Event (situational DE event)
- Finnish NM loses for Petsamo, Kemijarvi, Kajanni, reduced from 1250 to 750
- Finish morale loss after Moscow peace treaty reduced from 3000 to 2000
- Increased Croatia build limit by 1 Infantry Division

Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

elxaime

Post by elxaime »

Thanks again for your wonderful mod. I am going to start another PBEM challenge so as to see if I am learning from my many defeats as Allies!

In the meantime, just curious if you think the mod is about where you want it now, or whether you are thinking of further developments of a significant nature down the road?
JVJ
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Agree this mod is the best thing going for SCWiE
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

If someone has Steam version of SC3 and can only see 9.1 - how do they install the newest version?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

If someone has Steam version of SC3 and can only see 9.1 - how do they install the newest version?

It is installed the same way as the non-steam version.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: elxaime

In the meantime, just curious if you think the mod is about where you want it now, or whether you are thinking of further developments of a significant nature down the road?

I won't rule out further updates, but mainly I have been sitting back and enjoying PBEM lately. I think there is still room to cook up more "what if" scenarios but I have found that I've struck some good balance in game play. What I really should do is create a "Read Me" file so that everyone is on equal footing and understands the changes.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

Agree this mod is the best thing going for SCWiE

Thank you!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

SaulGoodman

Post by SaulGoodman »

It seems I have the same issue than Rodimstev :

"could not find directory_fall weiss II - 17.0\campaign.ini
Saved game will be load without customization"

Any idea to solve this plz ?

Khanti

RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 12.0 & 17.0 - (Ready for Download)

Post by Khanti »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

Version 17.0

This is a mod constantly being designed, but each version considered a final product. Over 10,000 lines of new script written.

Major changes from the base game:

New Unit Structure and Bitmaps: Units can now be built at the Division, Corps or Army Scale. New Mountain Infantry receive specific bonuses in Mountain Hexes.

I like your dedication for developing a mod. I like the changes you did. Anyway one question I'd like to ask: isn't this game supposed to be corps level? Jugging by the hex distances it looks like corps level game.

I would see mod that removes all armies level units and all those artillery units (they are tactical support not corps level units).
All in all, I suppose only corps level units in corps scale mod should be.

Another thing. In 1939 Polish army was not small as in your scenario or original game. It was like 1.000.000 troops to 1.500.000 German troops (40 to 60 divisions). German divisions had better equipment, mobility and organization but did not totally suppress Polish army by sheer numbers. And there were like 200.000 Polish troops on eastern border.
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
crispy131313

RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 12.0 & 17.0 - (Ready for Download)

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: Khanti
ORIGINAL: crispy131313

Version 17.0

This is a mod constantly being designed, but each version considered a final product. Over 10,000 lines of new script written.

Major changes from the base game:

New Unit Structure and Bitmaps: Units can now be built at the Division, Corps or Army Scale. New Mountain Infantry receive specific bonuses in Mountain Hexes.

I like your dedication for developing a mod. I like the changes you did. Anyway one question I'd like to ask: isn't this game supposed to be corps level? Jugging by the hex distances it looks like corps level game.

I would see mod that removes all armies level units and all those artillery units (they are tactical support not corps level units).
All in all, I suppose only corps level units in corps scale mod should be.

Another thing. In 1939 Polish army was not small as in your scenario or original game. It was like 1.000.000 troops to 1.500.000 German troops (40 to 60 divisions). German divisions had better equipment, mobility and organization but did not totally suppress Polish army by sheer numbers. And there were like 200.000 Polish troops on eastern border.

The game is still mainly at a Corps/Army level and certainly divisions are not appropriate or effective as an offensive unit (Tank Divisions being the exception, albeit in a complimentary role). The inclusion of a limited number of divisions were meant to represent stronger garrisons for select areas (think French coast) or to vulnerably plug the holes in defensive lines along the Eastern Front. Infantry Divisions in particular are classified as "Soft Targets" and are easily disposed by opposing Corps/Army sized units (Hard Targets) in combat.

As for Poland I know they are somewhat weaker but it was a decision I made as the AI was often not defeating Poland until November which seemed a very poor way to start the campaign. I have moved mainly towards PBEM play recently however, so maybe I can look at a solution here to boost Poland's manpower represented on the map.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: SaulGoodman

It seems I have the same issue than Rodimstev :

"could not find directory_fall weiss II - 17.0\campaign.ini
Saved game will be load without customization"

Any idea to solve this plz ?

I don't think the game comes with the .ini file. Can you open the campaign in the editor?
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

elxaime

Post by elxaime »

Just to let you know, in case you didn't already, that V. 17.0 also has the Soviet garrison disappearance bug (the two elite Soviet garrisons that appear when Poland is divided in 1939 are then disappeared).
JVJ
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: elxaime

Just to let you know, in case you didn't already, that V. 17.0 also has the Soviet garrison disappearance bug (the two elite Soviet garrisons that appear when Poland is divided in 1939 are then disappeared).

All scenarios do, but their is a hotfix available that will cure this. I believe both players will have to download it for it to fix PBEM. I would highly recommend.

tm.asp?m=4491631
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”