My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

njp72

RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A)

Post by njp72 »

Southern India- Mop up mode at the moment with all key Allied strong points shattered.

Totalling the number of destroyed/smashed Indian Divs and brigades during the offensive thus far equals:

4 x Inf Divisions

6 x Indian Brigades

Not massive but hopefully it will take a long time to rebuild these units which should buy me some time.

Attachments
Picture2.gif
Picture2.gif (317.93 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

China- again where much of the action has taken place.

Come very close to completely breaking the Chinese here but to the Allies credit they rallied and held on to a couple of key hexes. It was a very close, hard fought battle which was quite exciting despite failing to achieve the end goal. A hard fought contest against a skilled opponent always provides satisfaction/ enjoyment regardless of the outcome.

Right now the Army groups are reorganising and will once again start searching his flanks for gaps and weakness. No need to launch any frontal assaults against the Chinese on good defensive ground. [:)]

The upside here is the massive casualties sustained by the Chinese which is slowly eroding their ability to continually contest the critical hexes.

Attachments
China.gif
China.gif (458.68 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

India- mopping up operations continue as the smashed up remnants of the Southern Indian Armies are slowly put to the sword.

The final total is not massive but plenty of Indian formations have been made combat ineffective. Calcutta has largely been abandoned and will fall in the next 5 days. Moving now to Bombay to recon how many forces are deployed in the city- my gut feel is it will be substantial and probably can't be taken.

The Allies deployed too far forward here and paid the price. I was a bit surprised at that given Michael's experience but his losses are certainly not fatal. Burma and Ceylon have also been seized without too much trouble.

Attachments
India.gif
India.gif (418.33 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Australia- the focus is now on Oz. I don't want to give the Allies any respite at all.

The invasion of WA has been pretty ordinary thus far. There is a British div (18th) holding Perth with some Australian brigades and I have failed to bring sufficient forces to take it in one hit. Rather than assaulting the superior firepower in Perth, I am in the process of shifting forces from the North in an attempt to cut him off. I would love to destroy the British division but I am sure the Allies know what I am up to.

* Another setback was Hiryu eating 2 x Dutch torps via a sub just off WA which has complicated the messiness of this whole Op. It should survive but it will cost a few weeks to sort the mess out.

The focus now will shift to the East coast of Oz as I keep him guessing and hitting him to keep the Allies off balance.

Attachments
WA.gif
WA.gif (337.69 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Not much happening any where else. Key Pacific islands have been captured but the Allies are making no moves..... yet.

My gut feel is his CVs are loitering around Melbourne/ Sydney but aren't looking for a fight.

I know he is concerned about the casualties his Indian forces have suffered but the sloppiness of my Perth adventure is starting to restore his confidence. I think April the Allies will start to become a little more aggressive.

Not sure how the Allies prevented the complete collapse of the Chinese lines this month but credit to him. [:D]

Attachments
scoreboard.gif
scoreboard.gif (319.3 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Dropped to the bottom of the page [X(]

Apr 1942- China

No more flanking attacks now. Plenty of smoke and straight up the guts with ample air and armor support. Really trying to break the Allies here in the next two weeks.

Attachments
China.gif
China.gif (476.45 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

India- Bombay is a monster with over 40 units and it will never be taken- I'm not going to try.

Digging in around Calcutta and wait for the Allies to come to me.

Attachments
India.gif
India.gif (419.5 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Taken a few islands/ atolls to protect my flank including Diego Garcia.

An Indian brigade was perched there but not anymore [:D]

Attachments
Capture.gif
Capture.gif (230.14 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Western Australia- All the action here died off once I threatened the east coast of Australia. A bluff that kind of worked..... maybe....

Attachments
WA.gif
WA.gif (357.08 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

All the recent action has been the east coast of Oz and New Caledonia.

Starting to get some traction here and drive the Australians south. The possibilities of the large air bases are tempting to do some strat bombing [:)]

Attachments
ECOz.gif
ECOz.gif (320.27 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Scoreboard

I have been burning a lot of fuel as taskforces head all over the map and yet fuel has never been an issue in late games for me.

I am also spread very thin with Sce 1 forces spread from Ceylon, Southern India, both sides of Oz and the central pacific (Midway etc). This I believe will only be dangerous if I remain tied to static positions and aren't prepare to move. I am not interested in accumulating territory but I am interested in fixing and destroying his land based units. [:)]

Attachments
Scoreboard.gif
Scoreboard.gif (288.75 KiB) Viewed 126 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

with your pace and holding the initiative, you should be fine for a bit ...
Pax
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

with your pace and holding the initiative, you should be fine for a bit ...

thanks Pax, yes agree.

Michael is definitely stockpiling and concentrating his forces out of view. Perhaps in May I might see the first real push.

I don't discount a stab at the Northern islands to unbalance me and slow me down.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Agreed, he might try something. But you are hitting him quite fast and his commonwealth forces should be in disarray. The only thing he has will be US forces. Haven't seen signs yet of them appearing in India (risky on his part). So yes, maybe he is planning something in the North, maybe you create a welcome party for him. If he is focused in the south, well that really doesn't bother me much. You're already sealing OZ from him.

Bombay: 40 units doesn't mean much. I would really want to know what is there. Does he have US forces there? If so, interesting. If not, there is a good chance you could take it. A lot of the starting India units are small and useless. You've already wrecked several of the better Indian divisions … recon with one of the small recon ARM units may be worth the price of admission to see the units at that base. That intel would be very useful … but I am always about intel and recon … choose as you see fit …
Pax
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: njp72
Perhaps in May I might see the first real push.

Wow, step back and look at the map and scorecard. The only thing in May you will see is nibbling at the edges and safe raids where the KB isn't and most likely not even that.

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

ORIGINAL: njp72
Perhaps in May I might see the first real push.

Wow, step back and look at the map and scorecard. The only thing in May you will see is nibbling at the edges and safe raids where the KB isn't and most likely not even that.
Agreed, unless he has NO US units in India ... if he has +3 ID's bought out and not sent to India/OZ, then he might try something either North or South ... all speculation. I would want to learn where those US ID's are ..

Pax
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Thanks guys, terribly slack on updating but will try now to bring everything up to date.

Game moves at a very good speed and Michael (NY Giants) is proving every bit a challenging opponent as I suspected he would be.

I have move deliberately across a wide area of the map to trap and destroy isolated Allied Army Units and develop strong points. I don't intend to stay and fight at some of the positions but am keen to draw Allied navy forces into the fray.

Thus far the Allies haven't played the game except to engage me aggressively with his subs. Alas the horrific news of late has been the sinking of Akagi by an Allied sub off the coast of Fiji [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@].

Obviously this has paused my operations for a bit as I regroup.
njp72

Post by njp72 »

China- building here for the end game as I try to break through into better terrain.

I suspect Chungking will be besieged in the next 2 months but it will be early 43 before I take the beast. Still a happy area of operations.

We are playing the gnarly roads version but I haven't noticed a difference at all nor has it slowed down my ops. [:)]

NY Giants has been very good at maximising the defensive terrain combined with stacking limits.

Attachments
China.gif
China.gif (465.78 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Ceylon- nothing really happening here. Digging in and waiting for him to make a move.

Heavy sig traffic is often detected at Karachi so I think he will make a move soon.

Attachments
Ceylon.gif
Ceylon.gif (269.29 KiB) Viewed 126 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Burma- digging in here as well. All offensive ops have been halted.

Enjoying the industry of Calcutta immensely. [:D]

Attachments
Burma.gif
Burma.gif (412.06 KiB) Viewed 126 times

Return to “After Action Reports”