New Scenario for Testing Northwest Passage 2017

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kevinkins

New Scenario for Testing Northwest Passage 2017

Post by kevinkins »

This is small battle that can be played in one session. It’s a rescue operation. But sparks can fly. Suggestions on how to make the scenario more exiting while not upsetting the overall premise would be great. Please PM me with test results. Full Description:

Northwest Passage 2017 - A Byte Battle for Command

Aug. 17, 2017: The next Crystal Cruise to the artic set sail from Los Angeles. The trip was uneventful until Crystal Serenity departed Nome, Alaska. While navigating the Bering Strait near the Diomedes and the Russian border, the ship lost power. After switching to auxiliaries, the Captain pondered whether to continue through the Strait or return to the Nome. He did not have to ponder long as another power failure hit setting the ship adrift close to the rocky islands. Just as the captain instructed his staff to signal a mayday, the ship's Medical Officer burst onto the bridge. “Sir, dozens of passengers are reporting intestinal problems all across the ship. This situation must be isolated now before we enter the Northwest Passage. Sir, when will power be restored?. My ward is dark, cold and overwhelmed!”.
Attachments
Northwest ..age 2017.zip
(210.35 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
i224747

RE: New Scenario for Testing Northwest Passage 2017

Post by i224747 »

Additional wishes for the briefings & intro:

- I refuse to accept that there exist a captain who is commanding a 310m cruise liner with 1000 passengers has decided to sail deeper into the difficult waters of the Bering
Strait (instead of going back to his departure port) after he just blew off 50% of his ship engine.
- Furthermore give us bing map overlays. From the important airports, harbours & islands.
- And give us a chart where we can see the sea border between US/Russia.
- And please delete the subtitle "- A Byte Battle for Command" It gives the main story line away.
- The letter "A" under the cruise liner "Crystal Serenity" stands for AI?
- In the general briefing change the history events in the following order: Earliest event -> Newest event.
- The mention of how the scoring point logic works in this mission degrades this scenario into a stupid video game and the tension is at rock-bottom.

kevinkins

RE: New Scenario for Testing Northwest Passage 2017

Post by kevinkins »

Thank you. I will make adjustments. What was your final score? That's important. PM me please.

Kevin

PS: The "A" under the cruise ship is an indication of the side postures i.e hostile, neutral, friendly etc...
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”