653Nv1.7 Axis AAR

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
gwgardner

RE: 653Nv1.7 Axis AAR

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Thanks Gary, but there were actually some flaws in this round that gave me an advantage, that coupled with taking the option for the UK to leave the conflict early made it easy.

I'll probably do the next AAR as the Allies. I suspect you may have had the most trouble in Russia ? I know I did at first. Hopefully I will be able to show you how to have some tense defensive fun while setting yourself up for the comeback offensives from late '43 on.

That was exactly my biggest problem. I was able to hold a line in Russia, after losing Moscow both times, but through '43 and '44 I could not achieve predominance, I could not advance. I could never find the resources to build an air force of any consequence.

I also completely failed in advancing beyond the toe of Italy, notwithstanding overwhelming air superiority there. Supply as always my problem in the Med.

It was always a tense and exciting play with this mod.

sPzAbt653

RE: 653Nv1.7 Axis AAR

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I'll make sure to cover those areas in detail in the next AAR. It is so different from the stock campaign, it kinda makes me want to do a video. But for me, making videos is a bit of a pain as I use a free program and I can't make edits, so any mistakes [cough, doorbell, phone, stutter/stammer] require the video to be completely redone. Plus, they take a long time to upload to YouTube [:(]

The thing I am currently up against is the removal of AVL's, which I love and thanks to whoever suggested it in another thread. Playing as the Axis, it has no effect. Before I play as the Allies I need to have a few things covered, such as Torch, the Middle East if the Axis romps thru there, and covering Portugal/Spain if they go Axis. Lot's of scripts involved.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”