Forum Problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

davidachamberlain

RE: Forum Problem

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

Are you sure it's still not throwing the Transmit Post error? It's still happening for me.
It's just possible that in your case, it might be completely obscured behind the main Netplay Forum window, it was *almost* completely obscured when I tried it.

As seen below, the error window is just visible.

Brian.
I still have the error window (same as you), but no longer getting the exception - though I go to the forum directly rather than trying to restore a Netplay game.

However, still not functioning.

From appearances, that level of resolution (for me anyway) appeared to happen Friday/Saturday, but it is evident that no-one worked on it any further over the weekend.

I just hope that more thought goes into changes like this. It should never have occurred just before a weekend. If this was my project, I would have been hauled up on the carpet in front of senior management and probably lose my job. Before I would get approval to make the change, I would need to have proven that my implementation of the change on the QA test environment was flawless.

Dave
gw15

Post by gw15 »

Erik,
I changed my Slitherine PW per instructions from the helpdesk. Do I need to change it back to the original PW?
FYI, I did change the NetPlayReg.txt file when I made the PW change. Is there another file to change the PW on?

Gerry
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: davidachamberlain

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

Are you sure it's still not throwing the Transmit Post error? It's still happening for me.
It's just possible that in your case, it might be completely obscured behind the main Netplay Forum window, it was *almost* completely obscured when I tried it.

As seen below, the error window is just visible.

Brian.
I still have the error window (same as you), but no longer getting the exception - though I go to the forum directly rather than trying to restore a Netplay game.

However, still not functioning.

From appearances, that level of resolution (for me anyway) appeared to happen Friday/Saturday, but it is evident that no-one worked on it any further over the weekend.

I just hope that more thought goes into changes like this. It should never have occurred just before a weekend. If this was my project, I would have been hauled up on the carpet in front of senior management and probably lose my job. Before I would get approval to make the change, I would need to have proven that my implementation of the change on the QA test environment was flawless.

Dave

The first time this happened was with Gerry and myself last tuesday evening at around 18.00 hours GMT. After that, it slowly seemed to spread to other players too. So it's now over a week that this problem exists...
Peter
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

I am chasing this every day. It is unfortunately not within my ability to fix, but our server admins are continuing to investigate and troubleshoot and they, I and Steve are in communication. I've asked them to reach out to you all via this thread if they feel that would be helpful.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
davidachamberlain

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

I am chasing this every day. It is unfortunately not within my ability to fix, but our server admins are continuing to investigate and troubleshoot and they, I and Steve are in communication. I've asked them to reach out to you all via this thread if they feel that would be helpful.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik, that is pretty scary.

These guys should be able to go back to where they were with things working. If they just tore everything apart and are starting from scratch, they are going about it the wrong way.

They should at least be able to restore the old server back to where it was before they started their migration.

After than, they can determine how to build the new one, properly test it, than try to back with it as the production server.

Dave
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi folks,

We think this is now fixed based on our testing here. If you were experiencing this problem, could you please give it another try and let us know your results?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Furbet

Post by Furbet »

Confirming this now works for me,

Thanks Eric
gw15

Post by gw15 »

Seems to work now.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Yes it works now for me. I lay the blame for the root problem on the IPoIO factor.

The Innate Perversity of Inanimate Objects.
Paul
davidachamberlain

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi folks,

We think this is now fixed based on our testing here. If you were experiencing this problem, could you please give it another try and let us know your results?

Regards,

- Erik
It is resolved now.

Thanks for the follow through.

Dave

Return to “Tech Support”