Combat Screen Detail

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Pat.Poison

Combat Screen Detail

Post by Pat.Poison »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'm new to this game and I hope, that you can help my with my problem. First of all, I want to say sorry for my bad english, but I'm from germany.

I've read some threads in this forum about the combat detail screen but I've still some questions and I really want to understand this game, becaus it reminds me of PG:

The left picture shows the prediction of the combat. Because of the difference of 1 in the effective initiatives, 20 % of my strength are not allowed to fight. In this case I have a strength of 10, so 2 units won't fight. You can see this result in the "Nicht unterdrückte Stärke" or unsurpressed strength.
In the combat detail screen after the combat, you can see that every unit has the amount of dices to roll equal to the unsurpressed strength. That makes sense. But there are some things not clear to me:

1) In the right picture (after the combat) the unsurpressed strength of my tank is 9. I know that because of the dice roll, there were 2 points added to the effective initiative, but the same goes for the enemy unit. In the end, the difference between our effective inititatives is still 1. So why do I have a unsurpressed strength of 9?

2) In the right picture you can see, that the chance to kill is 26 %. So I need at least a 75 to kill a unit (100 - 26 = 74 plus one to be higher). The only dice, which fulfills this condition is the first red one (90). Easy to understand. But when I look at the chance to surpress a unit (9 %), I think, I need at least a 92. But in this case this would mean that a surpression is also a kill and both of the blue dices are lower than 92. So how do I know, what I need to roll to surpress a unit?

3) Lets look at the second row ("effective attack/effectie defense"): My effective attack of 4 is much lower than the effective defense of the enemy (7). I know that the difference between these two values determine the efficiency of my attack. Is there any way to understand, how the difference between the attack and defense values lead to the needed dice rolls (Miss, Surpressed, Kills)?

Thank you for your help :)
Attachments
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (90.02 KiB) Viewed 152 times

Return to “Panzer Corps”