Campain For South Vietnam Vs PO

After Action Reports
sapper32

RE: Campain For South Vietnam Vs PO

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 17 April 1966

I Corps AO Quang Tri province the battle between the NVA 308th division and the US forces continues with heavy shelling followed by ground assaults, The NVA 88th Regiment is destroyed by the US 5th Mech and 11th ACR.
In Quang Nam province the ARVN 11th Ranger battalion destroys a political section 5 Klicks from Da Nang while units from the ARVN 1st Division supported by river gunboats destroy a VC battalion 10 Klicks west of Da Nang

Attachments
quangtri.jpg
quangtri.jpg (778.56 KiB) Viewed 136 times
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 17 April 1966

II Corps AO In Binh Dinh province the ARVN 23rd Division (one of the few active this turn) shells the VC 247th Regiment however there are insufficient ground troops available for ground combat.

Attachments
2corps.jpg
2corps.jpg (766.45 KiB) Viewed 135 times
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 17 April 1966

III Corps AO In Bien Hoa province US/ARVN forces hunt down and destroy a VC regiment the ARVN 1st Armoured Cav delivers the killer blow, In Tay Ninh province the ARVN 25th Division continues to dig in confronted by the NVA 9th Division, Supporting US Hvy Arty shell the NVA causing heavy losses, Lead elements of the US 1st Division have landed and are heading for Tay Ninh province

Attachments
3corps.jpg
3corps.jpg (888.35 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 18 May 1966

I Corps AO The US Hvy Arty combined with US and ARVN ground forces have destroyed most of the NVA 308th Division and what remains has fled across the DMZ. In Thua Thien province the ARVN 2nd Division fail to find the VC unit operating there.In Quang Nam province the ARVN 2nd Division find and destroy a company of the VC 25th Infantry battalion.

Attachments
quangvert.jpg
quangvert.jpg (651.46 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 18 May 1966

IV Corps AO In Bien Hoa province yet another VC battalion is destroyed by Arty and ground assault, In Tay Ninh province the the NVA 9th Division has been hammered by US Hvy Arty while the US 1st Divisions 1st and 2nd Brigades move up ready to deal a killer blow to the NVA it will meen a cross border operation into Cambodia. In Vinh Binh province the ARVN 9th Division and US Gun Boats search and destroy a VC battalion.

Attachments
vinhbinh.jpg
vinhbinh.jpg (423.56 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 19 June 1966

I Corps AO ARVN 2nd Division is in action against an NVA sapper regiment seen in the jungle west of Da Nang after a heavy fight the NVA are destroyed, East of Da Nang on the coast VC Rocket Arty are traped and destroyed after firing on ARVN forces. In Thua Thien province US Hvy Arty bombard and destroy a political section and in Quang Tri province the battle between US and NVA forces continues with US Hvy Arty inflicting heavy losses on NVA units.
Below is the last of my reinforcements to arrive the US 1st Division and ROK Capital Division are both now fully deployed in South Vietnam and have significantly improved my military power.

Attachments
1copr.jpg
1copr.jpg (266.49 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 19 June 1966

III Corps AO Lots of VC activity around Bien Hoa, Vinh Binh, Tay Ninh, Sa Dec as ARVN and US forces search and destroy several VC units while several remain at large and have vanished into the jungle and will remain a threat,
The US 1st Infantry Division supported by ARVN forces have airlifted into Cambodia both the 1st Brigade and the 2nd Brigade assault the NVA 9th Division from the rear with heavy US Arty support and succeed in destroying the NVA,
Going into Cambodia will cost me +1 to the EEV is it worth it ? I think i will try to draw them into South Vietnam next time that was a mistake, Also have use the TO request US reinforcements also +1 to the EEV but i need the Assault squads

Attachments
3and4.jpg
3and4.jpg (980.98 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Hyding

Post by Hyding »

Please do not select the U.S. REPLACEMENT OPTION...it is a horrible use of EEV bring another U.S. division. It will give you fa more combat power and then just all it you replacement command and slowly cannibalize it and any badly damaged companies you have. Your number of combat units will slowly shrink but that is going to happen anyway.

The US replacement option is a trap....the EEV cost is incredibly bad for what you get. You used to get a small amount of replacements when you brought in New U.S. units but not in this vesion....you have to to cannibalize.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

ORIGINAL: Narses

Please do not select the U.S. REPLACEMENT OPTION...it is a horrible use of EEV bring another U.S. division. It will give you fa more combat power and then just all it you replacement command and slowly cannibalize it and any badly damaged companies you have. Your number of combat units will slowly shrink but that is going to happen anyway.

The US replacement option is a trap....the EEV cost is incredibly bad for what you get. You used to get a small amount of replacements when you brought in New U.S. units but not in this vesion....you have to to cannibalize.
To late its done already lets see how it pans out, Ive never used it before i seem to remember i brought in the Arty a bit earlier last time i played they are so usefull and realy hurt the VC/NVA before you assault them, Im not sure that i played it right only bringing in some US brigades at the start they just havent got the fire power to hurt the NVA without taking assault squad losses.

Thanks for your input Narses i seem to be re learning this game as i go along

Ian
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Does this version of CSV have any brown water boats up near Da Nang?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Yeah ive got one unit up north and one in the delta they are pretty good for scouting and have a load of MPs
ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Does this version of CSV have any brown water boats up near Da Nang?
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 20 July 1966

The news string isn't a good read for the US and shows a clear upsurge in VC activity

Attachments
news.jpg
news.jpg (152.04 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 20 July 1966

The VC seem to be every where but with the aid of my Arty I am just about keeping them in check, The NVA are becoming a problem and are crossing the border from North Vietnam ,Laos and Cambodia I think maybe an airmobile division will be called up soon lets see. The ROK Marine Brigade has been flown in to Pleiku as a VC regiment is approaching from the north Kontum province is now seeing more VC activity and will have to be garrisoned I will send the rest of the Korean forces to safeguard Kontum.
The VC are active in Tay Ninh province yet again US and ARVN forces have been cut off from there supply bases at Tay Ninh city, US Arty and ground assault will have to clear the supply road north, It is belived that 2 or more VC units are at large here.

Attachments
bridge.jpg
bridge.jpg (751.17 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 21 August 1966

I Corps AO US and ARVN forces are dug in for now and trading ARTY fire with the NVA who is taking heavy losses, I feel that for now the forces i have in this sector are sufficient to deal with what the VC/NVA are throwing at me.

Attachments
Icorps.jpg
Icorps.jpg (915.01 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 21 August 1966

II Corps AO The ROK Marine Brigade are defending Pleiku from 2 known VC units in the area, The ROK Tiger Division was en route to Kontum province to reinforce the Marines when the cavlary regiment was ambushed by VC in the mountain passes the rest of the division has been airlifted in to eliminate the VC, There are not a lot of units in this sector but it isnt infested with VC so troop levels will stay as they are for now.

Attachments
iicorps.jpg
iicorps.jpg (969.91 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 21 August 1966

III Corps AO The US 173rd Airborne are in action again in Bien Hoa province and another VC unit is destroyed there tally of destroyed VC is growing. The ARVN 5th Division has engaged VC in Phuoc Long province near the town of Phuoc Binh after several rounds of ARTY fire missions the VC are assaulted and destroyed. The US 1st Division is resting after its recent battle but will remain in Tay Ninh province and also protect Saigon

Attachments
iiicorps.jpg
iiicorps.jpg (969.34 KiB) Viewed 135 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

US Turn 21 August 1966

IV Corps AO ARVN units spearheaded by the IV Ranger Group continue to conduct search and destroy missions aided by US Heavy ARTY and units from 12th Aviation Group, VC are engaged and destroyed in Dinh Thuong An Giang and Vinh Binh provinces, There are no plans to call up any more troops for this sector.

Attachments
ivcorps.jpg
ivcorps.jpg (943.41 KiB) Viewed 135 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

You're keeping us hanging here sapper32 dude....what happens next?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Hi Larry the AAR will continue soon I've been on holiday and hard at work and the UK weather is so good at the moment it's hard to be inside having said that I'm up to 1967 now so will have to start posting before I fall to far behind

Sapper32
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: sapper32

Hi Larry the AAR will continue soon I've been on holiday and hard at work and the UK weather is so good at the moment it's hard to be inside having said that I'm up to 1967 now so will have to start posting before I fall to far behind

Sapper32
Sounds like I need to find an opponent and start my own CSV game.

Return to “After Action Reports”