[Feedback Requested] Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably increasing detection

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Eggstor

[Feedback Requested] Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably increasing detection

Post by Eggstor »

Talisman noted this on the main forum, and after some testing of both his test scenario and a couple variants (all included in the zip here), there definitely seems to be an issue with diesel subs not being much louder on diesel power than on electric power.

In Talisman's original test scenario, two Kilos approach a Type 209/Heroine submarine from the west just outside the first convergence zone at 5 knots, one traveling at -70 feet on battery power and one at -66 feet on diesel power. In my first variant, I moved the non-snorting Kilo to the east at roughly the same distance (maybe a half-mile closer ), and found that half-mile difference actually allowed it to be detected a couple minutes before the snorting Kilo.

I changed the speed of the Kilos to 10 knots in the second variant (and also added a supertanker to show CZ detections are possible), and the snorting sub was detected about 9 minutes before the non-snorting sub.
Attachments
SnortTest.zip
(27.52 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably increasing detection distance

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Hi Eggstor, just wanted to let you know we've looked at this issue in significant detail. Thanks for the very well set up example scenarios.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
jirik

RE: Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably increasing detection distance

Post by jirik »

Hi guys,

may I ask if this issue has been fixed? I've met the same behaviour but I must admit I've not tested it with the latest patch.

Thanks in advance

J.

Return to “Tech Support”