Tech advance spped

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Titan

Tech advance spped

Post by Titan »

Playing as allied i have invest in all the important tecs ASAP, its December 41 and i have only just got LVL 2 russain inf, and my brits should have level 2 ASW in a turn or two. In our second game in a a row my opponent seems to acheive high levels very fast. Example Decmber 41 he already has Level 4 Subs....Ive played german many times and cant even get close to acheivingthat
KorutZelva

RE: Tech advance spped

Post by KorutZelva »

Double chits are your friends. [:)]
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Tech advance is extremely fast in this game compared to history. In my game, by 1943 most techs were maxed out using only single chits but the 2000 tech investment limit was often reached (I've never done more than one on a tech) and Russia was the same with JS tanks in 1943 and their troops & planes were very hard to damage by late 43.
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Are you investing in S&I? When I first started I didn't understand its importance.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin

Are you investing in S&I? When I first started I didn't understand its importance.

Ya I always keep working on that one. I do like all the techs except for ones that really aren't useful at all like rocket tech cause I never make V1 and V2 rockets in WW2 games. I wish Germany had made more fighters instead of those expensive rockets. And I haven't done strategic bombers at all with Germany in this game cause I can't afford to spend gold on them when infantry and tanks are needed so badly.

Do people use strategic bombers as Germany at all in this game? I guess in your email games, Germany is even more desperate to make every dollar count. I would like to try level bombers but don't want Russia to flood over my weak army while I'm busy making expensive luxury bombers.
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

S&I is huge ..
If the axis can hit w germany
If Italy's 1st tech .. T2 is S&I and they hit
the allies are at massive disadvantage, you will know this when
U start ur turn and u spot the enemies guys, I think .. !!
IG

PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

Ya I always keep working on that one. I do like all the techs except for ones that really aren't useful at all like rocket tech cause I never make V1 and V2 rockets in WW2 games. I wish Germany had made more fighters instead of those expensive rockets. And I haven't done strategic bombers at all with Germany in this game cause I can't afford to spend gold on them when infantry and tanks are needed so badly.

Do people use strategic bombers as Germany at all in this game? I guess in your email games, Germany is even more desperate to make every dollar count. I would like to try level bombers but don't want Russia to flood over my weak army while I'm busy making expensive luxury bombers.

Although expensive Strategic Bombers are awesome.

nnason

Post by nnason »

Strat bombers are important to both sides to scout for Axis early in game and to reduce cities so rail can't pass thru or provide supply to isolated units.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Sounds like strat bombers are quite good.
I will try making them next game.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”