Task Force vs HQ commanders

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

Task Force vs HQ commanders

Post by Dili »

Do i need to make a leader twice to have a name that can be either be a Naval HQ leader or a Task Force commander? In editor both options exist.
inqistor

RE: Task Force vs HQ commanders

Post by inqistor »

I think, you can only link pilots to leaders. If you make two leaders, they will be two separate people, I doubt game checks if name is the same.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Yes i know the game does not check. My question was if a task force leader is only available for task forces or it can be for other units.
It seems from a brief perusal that they can only be at different unit types: a TF commander cannot be an HQ commander and cannot be a Base Commander. This obviously goes against most navies behavior.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Moreover, it seems they are also filtered by Ship Type. I have converted dozens xAKs to PBs, and most had lousy Captains. After changing them to more competent leaders (at surprisingly low cost, it seems wrong-ship-Captains do not cost PPs for exchange), I see only 6 Captains to choose from. But there is still plenty, if I am trying to change Captain for transport, or TK ship.

But I could put wrong Air Unit-Pilot Commander (and, at least one was automatically assigned) into Air Unit. Like Torpedo Plane pilot, as Fighter Unit Commander.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Yes some ships have only a certain rank available. I checked midget subs and they have only LT to choose from at least at turn 1. That does not bother much. But several high level navy leaders alternated sea commands with land commands.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”