historical Bialystok

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

AngrySwan

historical Bialystok

Post by AngrySwan »

While both panzer groups of Army Group Center rush forwards to encircle the Soviets west from Minsk, the German infantry pushes them away from the border.

8 German infantry divisions, a 105 mm howitzer battalion, a 37 mm antitank gun battalion and a group from 27th fighter squadron face 5 soviet infantry, 2 tank, 2 cavalry divisions and 4 antitank gun battalions (45 mm).

The German OOB is from a map in the Russian ''Frontline Illustrations'' magazine. The Soviet forces are also shown on the map but not all of them so I renumbered some units, although the Soviet OOB may be less accurate.

No core units or reinforcemets but the Germans are strong enough without them.

This can also be a part of the 1941 campaign, after Tallinn/Reval and before Minsk. Like in most scenarios, failure is not an option. If infantry fails to push the Soviets into Lida, Slonim, Novogrudok area, the encircled area will be too large and the Soviets will exploit the gaps between German units to escape.

Attachments
Bialystok.zip
(111.85 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
Ronald Wendt

RE: historical Bialystok

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Marechal,

thanks for the map!

Regards,
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

Some changes in the scenario. The infantry divisions are now a part of 4th Army (or No. 16 on the army list) and core units because they will later go either will go to Kalinin or to Vjazma, Mowhaisk, Moscow. Since the 1941 offensive does not have one main direction of attack, Army Group Center will have to use its infantry. Mechanized forces are good in the field, but sooner or later they will run into prepared defenses, and only infantry can deal with those.

The smaller caliber artillery is auxiliary - AG Center will need something more serious to deal with Moscow defenses. So is JG 27 as it was sent to Africa in autumn.

This scenario will be a part of the new version of the Eastern Front campaign ''Elite units in core'' to be released soon. So far the new infantry divisions only appear in Byalistok scenario but in later versions most of them will go to Moscow.

Attachments
EF-Bialystok1941.scn.zip
(7.75 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Marechal,

great - if thats finished we could add it as a new variant in the 1.09 release if you permit.

Regards,

AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

This is the final version and intended for Eastern Front campaign so you can use it in 1.09.

By the way, do you have an idea when 1.09 may come out? There will be some more modded or new scenarios (First Kharkov, Wjasma with the Soviet defense line, German attack on Kalinin, Bryansk and Tula). Wjasma, Kalinin and Kharkov need final tests and I have data for Bryansk. Tula is just an idea now.

Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Marechal,
ORIGINAL: Marechal
This is the final version and intended for Eastern Front campaign so you can use it in 1.09.

Great, thanks.
By the way, do you have an idea when 1.09 may come out?

As i have to do it in my spare time it will take a while. I hope for late this year, but it depends on a lot of factors that can vary much (e.g. the progress in my new project or how fit i am after my work with which i make a living).

Regards,
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

It is the same thing here so I appreciate the fact that there is more time. The Eastern Front campaign ''All line units are core and moves are somewhat more historical'' has been tested until Crimea. The next scenario (First Kharkov) is half done, I still need to add the conditions and see how everything works together.

''Vjazma with defense line'' is ready and also needs testing. Bryansk - Mtsensk is a concept, Kalinin with the summer map needs the final test in the campaign and I have not started Tula yet. So late this year is perfect time as the new scenarios need to be finalized.

Regards,
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Marechal,

if you need a map i might have (like one of those in the new Soviet Dawn campaign) or have troubles with victory conditions etc. let me know.

Maybe i should do some videos for creating a map ?

Regards,
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

A video on map creation would be useful. I know how to build cities and forests but have no idea how to make coastlines, roads and rails. Also, how do you fix blown railroad sections on a map?

The new scenarios will be made one by one and maybe there are some problems. They will be discovered during tests.

The following maps would be needed:

Bobruisk 1941 scenario - a map covering the area from Minsk to Orsha, Mogilev with Borisov, Berezina and Bobruisk in the middle.

(Kharkov scenario uses a converted Dritte Kharlov map with the southern part cut off by a xml editor, I have not tested the play and victory conditions yet but the map is ready)

Bryansk - Mtsensk - a map covering Bryansk, Mtsensk in the north and Orel, Ponyri in the south; this is the area where a part of Kursk battle took place so you may have this one or a part of it.

Kalinin - a summer map of Kalinin area, or at least a winter map, I can convert it on my own.

Tula - I do not know if you have this map. A winter map covering thearea south of Serpukhov (but not including it as Serpukhov is on Op Typhoon map) covering the area to Ryazan in North East.

I can send you pictures of the areas. The texts are in Russian but you can recognize the areaa from the front lines and directions of attacks.

Regards,
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Marechal,
A video on map creation would be useful. I know how to build cities and forests but have no idea how to make coastlines, roads and rails. Also, how do you fix blown railroad sections on a map?
Good to know ! I will do some on these topics. Destroyed rails can be fixed by engineers if you play a map. If you want to edit it you used to have a window for that in the editor. I just saw its gone for an unknown reason which is of course a bug. So in 1.09 you should be able simply check this on/off again like in earlier versions.

The following maps would be needed:

Bobruisk 1941 scenario - a map covering the area from Minsk to Orsha, Mogilev with Borisov, Berezina and Bobruisk in the middle.

Sadly i do not have any of the other maps and i am too late for the Bobruisk one - in the Soviet Dawn campaign there is a map with parts of the northern Pripyat swamps including Bobruisk. If you still have use for it, i can post it here.

I can send you pictures of the areas. The texts are in Russian but you can recognize the areaa from the front lines and directions of attacks.

During the development of my games on the Eastern Front, i learned to decipher cyrillic letters as many sources like maps were from Soviet documents so that would not be a big problem. Time on the other hand is. Until we released 1.09 i won't have time for other extra content than a video here and there.

Regards,
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

Northern Pripyat and Bobruisk is exactly what I need - could you post this map and also the one covering the area north of Kursk?

I guess I can do a map of Tula in a couple of days with some tutorials on rivers. Tula is the second last scenario so I still need to finish the First Kharkov scenario (based on a converted Dritte Kharkov map) and build a scenario for Bryansk - Mtsensk so you can do the tutorial on rivers when you have time. Until then I can draw the easier parts of the map for Tula and place the units.

Regards,
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi Marechal,

in the attachment there are two blank maps. One stretches from Minsk to Orsha(north), Mogilev(middle) and Gomel(south), the other covers the Orel area. Both are summer themed right now.

Hope this is of use to you.

Regards,
Attachments
MinskKursk.zip
(19.07 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

Minsk, Orsha, Gomel - exactly the area I need.

Orel, Mtsensk - most of the area is there, a part on the left side is missing but I can add that on my own. When the scenario comes to victory conditions I may need some advice.

One last thing when you have time, can you post a tutorial how to draw a river? I have figured out the rest. If I am lucky I can draw a river but a tutorial would be useful.

Regards,

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”