Could supply restrictions in North Africa be scripted?

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Elessar2

Could supply restrictions in North Africa be scripted?

Post by Elessar2 »

I am of course well aware of the Malta effect. The issue there is thinking that, if Malta is neutralized or taken, that all Axis supply issues then evaporate into nothing. A close reading of the events of that campaign reveal otherwise-the limited capacity of the Italian Merchant Marine, for one.

I know scripts can be activated by counting units within X hexes of a given location. WI you do so within X range of all NA ports (Allies should have some restrictions too)? Once you go over said limit (e.g. 6 Axis ground + air units), supply in that area is then reduced.

Can this be scripted in this manner?
sPzAbt653

RE: Could supply restrictions in North Africa be scripted?

Post by sPzAbt653 »

That is a really interesting idea, at first thought it seems very possible. I like it and will put more thought to it. Good idea, thanks!

Currently I am testing having reduced supply [less towns] in North Africa [see Derna and Mersa Matruh, for example, towns have been removed] but that does not restrict how many units can be there [as can be seen], and I've got more lined up in ports to ship in. So tying in the number of units to a restriction sounds nice.

Attachments
653N33.jpg
653N33.jpg (86.63 KiB) Viewed 43 times
sPzAbt653

RE: Could supply restrictions in North Africa be scripted?

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I haven't played many other games to know how they deal with the North Africa situation. I always think back to Third Reich, where they had it hardcoded that more than four German units could be there, but only four could be supplied. If Malta was captured it would go to five, and if a land link was established thru Turkey the cap was lifted. Worked very well, back in the day. [:)]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”