Blizards and forts

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

weinsoldner

Blizards and forts

Post by weinsoldner »

Can german troops survive mild blizards in fortified regions?
thedoctorking

RE: Blizards and forts

Post by thedoctorking »

They can always survive. I don't think fortification levels affect attrition, but they do make your units harder to dislodge. Units in cities have lower attrition in the first winter, making them good places to park your Axis Allied units.
weinsoldner

Post by weinsoldner »

Yes but I have read it shoud be level 4 cities?
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: weinsoldner

Yes but I have read it shoud be level 4 cities?

They need to be city, light urban or heavy urban hexes. City hexes can hold one unit without suffering attrition, light urban two units, and heavy urban three units
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

I think they still get attrition - you might be referring to protection from first blizzard rules.

There it is three in urban (either), two in city, one in town 4, and 25% chance for each point of town (size one to three) for one unit.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
weinsoldner

Post by weinsoldner »

Thanks for the info
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I think they still get attrition - you might be referring to protection from first blizzard rules.

There it is three in urban (either), two in city, one in town 4, and 25% chance for each point of town (size one to three) for one unit.

Yes, I meant first winter penalties (dont they include extra attrition for the german player?)

By the way, are you sure they are 3 in urban ANY urban hex two in city and 1 in town?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: No idea
Yes, I meant first winter penalties (dont they include extra attrition for the german player?)

By the way, are you sure they are 3 in urban ANY urban hex two in city and 1 in town?

There is a first winter rule about ground element damage (in logistics) and disruption (in battles) as well as a CV modification. To some extent I assume the worst damage is avoided by keeping most of your motorised units out of the bad weather so it is mostly the poor bloody infantry getting morale losses.

Urbans definitely - I used to make the same mistake of differentiating the urbans myself! Check the manual again and you will see!
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”