Request: Add support for right-click key

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Shadrach

Request: Add support for right-click key

Post by Shadrach »

The game manual states "For the most part, the interface conforms to Windows(tm) guidelines for windowed applications. Menus, file dialogs, and window controls work as you would expect."

However, I've noticed TOAW4 does not support using the right-click key on the keyboard. For those trying to use the mouse as little as possible, it would be great if this could be supported.

For those unsure what I'm talking about, this is the key below the right Shift and left of Ctrl on most modern keyboards. Next to the Windows key. This key opens a context/right-click menu for what the mouse cursor is on at the moment.

Also for full score, it should add support for the Shift+F10 key combination for the same, for those with older keyboards.

OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
Lobster

RE: Request: Add support for right-click key

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Shadrach

"For the most part..."

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

Sure - "for the most part". But it would be nice to have, and when using a Windows application, game or not, users would expect it to behave in the same way as other apps. Then again, there are plenty of other applications that do not support using this key either.

Put it on the wishlist I guess. At the moment I'm using Autohotkey to map R to Right-click since I use WASD so it's a lot closer than the standard key. For those using the arrow keys, it would be very useful though.
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Aye, anything that would add a variety of ways to manage the game is a good thing.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”