[RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Updated CMANO 1.12 936.11

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cdcool

RE: [RELEASED] Speech and Ambient Sound Module - Updated CMANO 678

Post by cdcool »

ORIGINAL: chrisol

ORIGINAL: AlGrant

Peter .... THANK YOU!
Using SeaHag Version 1.0i
In windows 7
Go to Change the date,time, or number format
Then
Format English (United Kingdom)
Short date: dd/MM/yyyy
Long date: dd MMMM yyyy
Short time: hh:mm tt
Long time: h:mm:ss tt

First day of week: Monday

Followed your advice and checked the date/time format.
The only things I had to change were the Short time & Long time settings (highlighted above).
Mine were set as Short time HH:mm and Long time HH:mm:ss, changed them to the ones in your post, rebooted and it's all working [:)]

As soon as I started the scenario I knew something was different ..... it was the first time SeaHag detected the playerside. A very quick google search says that the additional 'tt' in the string adds AM or PM to the time, I didn't have this as it was set to 24hr clock.

SeaHag is working and I still have a UK date/time format. The only difference seems to be that instead of 15:57 I now have 03:57 PM. and that's something I can live with!

Now I can start looking for a slightly better voice that Microsoft Anna

Thanks again!

Just wanted to highlight this post (and the original) as sorted out my problem (in the UK) with the lack of speech. Many thanks !
Chris

The time selections are slightly different in Windows 10
If everything around you is blowing up..it's us
LaughingBuccaneer

Post by LaughingBuccaneer »

ORIGINAL: Marder
ORIGINAL: cdcool

It's pretty cool, wish there were more choices for the voice

I bought "Nicole" the australien female and "Salli" the american female

you can hear a sample by clicking on the playbuttons

Salli is ok when playing the American side but what about an English ( with a Russian accent )
voice when playing the Russian / Soviet side scenario's and ( of course ) lets hear it for
the British - English accents when playing the British side scenario's.

Of course I could go on about having English ( with Spanish accents ) for playing those
Spanish and Argentinian side scenario's.

Whether the above is possible now or in the near future, or no more than a wish list - well you tell me.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

I don't know if you are still working of this great software but if yes, I have an idea: it would be great if there was several (at least 2) distict sets of ambient sounds,It would allow for example one set of ambient sounds for naval scenarios and 1 for land/air.
Just in case you're having too much free time to kill ;-)
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn »

ORIGINAL: Grazyn

Hello my log date format is this:

28/02/2017 18:44:26 - US: New contact! Designated MISSILE #2 - Detected by F-14A Tomcat [Sensors: AN/AWG-9] at 184deg - 40,9nm

Which string should I use to get it to work?

Quoting myself after six months... does anyone know a regex expression to make it work with this format?

04/08/2017 16:26:44

dd/MM/yyyy
HH:mm:ss

I tried searching for an expression but nothing seems to work (and yes I did put space - space at the end), it doesn't help that I know nothing about regex besides copypasting.

Changing the system date to hh:mm:ss tt does work but it's not a long term solution, I'd like it to work without having to change system settings.

Marder

Post by Marder »

Maybe a timezone- selctor could be implemetated into the programm.
alphington

Post by alphington »

I have this installed and have followed the instructions but only have ambient sounds and no voice (voice is present when SeaHag opens and closes however). I have tried changing system date/times as per earlier posts but nothing works. I have Win 8.1. I only have the time and no date showing in my message log - is this correct? From reading above it would seem I should have either time and then date or date and then time in message log - or am I off track? I confess that I do not understand this regex thing at all. I apologise if I am wasting folks time but I would really like to get this working.

UPDATED: PROBLEM FIXED - I have the program working now after manually pointing to my default DIR (C:\MatrixGames\Command Wargame Of The Year Edition\Logs) for the CMANO log files location (it was trying to look in the registry but no link existed there) - maybe this will be of use to others who may have problems similar to mine - Great Program, thanks!
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

Gents, I am very interested in this mod but before I roll my sleeves up and download/install it, I am very slightly concerned about some of the minor tech challenges. To save me a bit of anguish, can anyone please confirm the following:

- Does it still work in the most up-to-date versions of CMANO (as of 03/23/2018)?

- Does it work well with Windows 10 64-bit?

Many thanks.
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

ORIGINAL: $trummer

Gents, I am very interested in this mod but before I roll my sleeves up and download/install it, I am very slightly concerned about some of the minor tech challenges. To save me a bit of anguish, can anyone please confirm the following:

- Does it still work in the most up-to-date versions of CMANO (as of 03/23/2018)?

- Does it work well with Windows 10 64-bit?

Many thanks.

Well, to answer my own question, it works beautifully, thanks, Sluggy!

Can someone tell me what the GUI "Speech Level" controls? Is it the range or quantity of log files selected for voice transmission, i.e. a kind of "chattiness level" control? Thanks!
xnavytc

Post by xnavytc »

getting an error message saying could not load file of assembly bass.net. version=2.4.10.3.culture=neutral. publickeytoken=b7566c273e6ef480

I cannot here any sound on cmano
TC ET1(SS)
i224747

Post by i224747 »

Anyone having a good sound file for a "New contact" pop-up message?
leemiller24

Post by leemiller24 »

THIS.IS.AWESOME.

Great job Sluggy
gsalvar

Post by gsalvar »

Hello my log date format is this:

28/02/2017 18:44:26 - US: New contact! Designated MISSILE #2 - Detected by F-14A Tomcat [Sensors: AN/AWG-9] at 184deg - 40,9nm

Which string should I use to get it to work?

Quoting myself after six months... does anyone know a regex expression to make it work with this format?

04/08/2017 16:26:44

dd/MM/yyyy
HH:mm:ss

I tried searching for an expression but nothing seems to work (and yes I did put space - space at the end), it doesn't help that I know nothing about regex besides copypasting.

Changing the system date to hh:mm:ss tt does work but it's not a long term solution, I'd like it to work without having to change system settings.

hi.
Try this

(0?[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])/(0?[1-9]|1[0-2])/\d\d\d\d (00|[0-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-3]):([0-9]|[0-5][0-9]):([0-9]|[0-5][0-9]) -
mats0916@rogers.com

Post by mats0916@rogers.com »

Hi

I love SeaHag but have problems setting it up to my liking.
Is there anyway to share settings so we can benefit from each other?
Cheers,
Mats
jreynol2

Post by jreynol2 »

ORIGINAL: mats0916

Hi

I love SeaHag but have problems setting it up to my liking.
Is there anyway to share settings so we can benefit from each other?

Agreed, can someone share their settings?
samtheeagle

Post by samtheeagle »

An alternative, and briefer regex for UK style dates:

^\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4} \d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2} -

I was having issues getting SeaHag to parse the log files and produce speech output with the other suggested regex strings, but this one has sorted me out.
chrisol

Post by chrisol »

^\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4} \d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2} -

Thanks - though still not working well for me (Windows 10, UK dates).

Can I ask what date/time format you have set in Windows ?

I have...
Short date: dd/MM/yyyy
Long date: dd MMMM yyyy
Short time: hh:mm tt
Long time hh:mm:ss tt

Thanks
Chris
samtheeagle

Post by samtheeagle »

I'd love to help the community at large, but this stupid forum software has spent the last 30 minutes preventing me posting anything containing links, or date time strings... I'll attempt to PM you some help!
samtheeagle

Post by samtheeagle »

Oh yeah, Cereproc have a 50% off sale atm, not sure how much longer it will be on for. SAPI5 voices for £12.99. I have Jess and William, which I think are very good, especially at half price!
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Hi,
This has probably been answered a million times, but...
The ambient sounds are works fine, but I can't get the message log to trigger a sound or a comment.
Can someone post a typical line that should work. around 'new contact' just so I can see what I'm doing wrong.
even some screen grabs.
Thanks
gsalvar

Post by gsalvar »

ORIGINAL: Magpius

Hi,
This has probably been answered a million times, but...
The ambient sounds are works fine, but I can't get the message log to trigger a sound or a comment.
Can someone post a typical line that should work. around 'new contact' just so I can see what I'm doing wrong.
even some screen grabs.
Thanks

Hi.
if you are playing in other speed than 1x the program is not able to read the log. Even if you acelerate the time and then you come back to 1x, you can find program playing of all the acumulated log lines.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”