Tutorial Mission as Russians: Whats to do with T-80s?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

rsallen64

RE: Tutorial Mission as Russians: Whats to do with T-80s?

Post by rsallen64 »

No, not OH National Guard. This happened at Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia in 1989. Yes, it seems funny that tanks have periscopes, doesn't it?
Desert War 1940-1942 Beta Tester
Agressors: Ancient Rome Beta Tester
Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta Tester
ctcharger

Post by ctcharger »

Patton's Best taught me a lot about how tanks operate. Which crewman looks where, what a ready rack is, advancing fire, hull down, periscopes, crew SMGs, wet storage, why tanks have coax mgs, smoke dischargers, HVAP ammo, etc. Deserves to be updated and expanded.

In my PBEM game, I told one of my HQs to move 1 turn too late.... boom! [:-]

I plan on creating a spreadsheet in the activity log format from one of the field manuals to remind me to MOVE every so often.

MY artillery guys are smart enough to move on their own which I never countermand anymore.

Did you ever have to fight any SU-100's? Mine did a lot, and a King Tiger..

IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

re: hitting the doghouse (primary sight periscope armored cover)

The effect on the vehicle and crew depends on the munition hitting it. Small arms fire would likely just disable the sight.

Hit with a tank gun, ATGM, HEAT rocket, or small caliber auto cannon? Likely to give the gunner a face full of sight parts and make him (and possibly others) KIA. Potential ammunition event, too.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
rsallen64

Post by rsallen64 »

sugdenjw: - you are right, of course, in that any large caliber hit could potentially cause massive damage. I would not want to be the gunner looking through that when it happened!
Desert War 1940-1942 Beta Tester
Agressors: Ancient Rome Beta Tester
Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta Tester

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”