#AI= Values

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
sPzAbt653

#AI= Values

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I have a DE for the German player that I want to fire if he is playing against a human Allied player or a computer Allied player. Which of these do I use ? The way I read it, none of what is below fits this criteria. [If I am playing as the Allies against the computer Axis, I don't want this DE to fire].

; #AI= Values range [0, 4]
; 0 = Event fires whenever all fields are satisfied for any game type
; 1 = Event fires whenever all fields are satisfied, for AI games only, and only on the Axis AI turn
; 2 = Event fires whenever all fields are satisfied, for AI games only, and only on the Allied AI turn
; 3 = Event fires whenever all fields are satisfied, for AI and Multiplayer games only, and only on the Axis AI or on the Allied Multiplayer turns
; 4 = Event fires whenever all fields are satisfied, for AI and Multiplayer games only, and only on the Allied AI or on the Axis Multiplayer turns
BillRunacre

RE: #AI= Values

Post by BillRunacre »

I don't think there is a setting, although your premise seems to apply to all games anyway, in which case just a default setting of 0 will do.

I'm guessing though that you mean to have different results depending on the type of game?

In which case maybe this could be built in to which scripts fire in response to the DECISION itself, e.g. some events only apply to the AI, so you could have a regular set and a bonus set for the AI.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
sPzAbt653

RE: #AI= Values

Post by sPzAbt653 »

It shouldn't apply if I am the Allies playing against the computer, but should in a two player game. However, thinking it thru several times, I think it is ok to not have it as an option for a two player game, so I am going with 'AI=2', this way it only shows up for a human Axis player against the Allied AI. That's good enough.

Thanks [&o]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”