Tiller Panzer Battles Demo

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Strelaoz

RE: Tiller Panzer Battles Demo

Post by Strelaoz »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

plays really well on windows 10, straight out of the install with no issue, i'd still like one more level of zoom mind you, but who wouldn't!

Hi,

Thanks for the compliments on the Demo. One way you can increase the 'zoom' in the game is using 'scaling' in Windows 10. Under 'Display Settings' there is a slider for scaling. This will increase the size of any open apps. Definitely helps the playability on high resolution monitors.

David
Strelaoz

Post by Strelaoz »

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

Skimming through the Notes pdf it seems the AI is only programmed to play the Allies in all the scenarios.

I just can't get on with the Tiller game engine. It's in desperate need of a revamp but this demo doesn't seem to be it. I much prefer the UI in WITW and WITE.

Still, it's free and it does contain quite a few scenarios.

Hi,

That's not correct. There is AI programming for both sides. We do have recommended sides in each scenario and in a number of case the Allies are the 'chosen ones',

David
Strelaoz

Post by Strelaoz »

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Is it just me or do any of you get "This site can’t be reached... took too long to respond." Maybe they are afraid of North Koreans downloading the game and have blocked South Korea by accident.

EDIT: The same happened yesterday as well.

Cheers,
CC

Interestingly, I have the same issue from Singapore. I reported it to Tiller and co. The bizarre thing is that it only happens on certain IP addresses. I have two different IP addresses in my home and one can't connect and the other can. Using VPN also fixed the issue on the blocked network point.

We're a little stumped on what is causing it. Commander Cody, suggest you try a different connection to see if the new IP allows a connection.

David
wodin

Post by wodin »

LINK

Article on AWNT
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

I had this problem for a long time (Sweden) and finally resolved it by contacting my ISP who gave me a "public IP adress". Don't know what effects that has in other cases but it got me connected to JTS and a few other sites that blocked me.
budd

Post by budd »

I also think another zoom would be good. I use Windows magnifier, works pretty well, also use it for CO2.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Strela1

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

Skimming through the Notes pdf it seems the AI is only programmed to play the Allies in all the scenarios.

I just can't get on with the Tiller game engine. It's in desperate need of a revamp but this demo doesn't seem to be it. I much prefer the UI in WITW and WITE.

Still, it's free and it does contain quite a few scenarios.

Hi,

That's not correct. There is AI programming for both sides. We do have recommended sides in each scenario and in a number of case the Allies are the 'chosen ones',

David

OK. I stand corrected.
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Richie61

I like the top down images [;)]

Oh, that's right! Well done Sir! [&o]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
giffin

Post by giffin »

ORIGINAL: Richie61

I like the top down images [;)]

Nice work on the Top Down Images!!
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

ORIGINAL: Strela1

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Is it just me or do any of you get "This site can’t be reached... took too long to respond." Maybe they are afraid of North Koreans downloading the game and have blocked South Korea by accident.

EDIT: The same happened yesterday as well.

Cheers,
CC

Interestingly, I have the same issue from Singapore. I reported it to Tiller and co. The bizarre thing is that it only happens on certain IP addresses. I have two different IP addresses in my home and one can't connect and the other can. Using VPN also fixed the issue on the blocked network point.

We're a little stumped on what is causing it. Commander Cody, suggest you try a different connection to see if the new IP allows a connection.

David
Thanks for the response. I actually had this trouble on my work computer, which I wouldn't download to anyway. I'll try it at home later and let you know.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Thanks for the advice, David. I had no problem downloading this on the home computer yesterday. And that's a heckuva demo. You'll know whether you like the game or not.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
bo

Post by bo »

Game looks good, decent graphics, still trying to find out how a unit moves a mortar though.[;)]

Bo
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Not much of a difference for me with the other titles. However, it's a nice demo.
HeinzBaby

Post by HeinzBaby »

Found this Gem the other day.
Wow, for a free Demo this is supurb, not ever having a John Tiller sim, maybe because in the gaming world the Eastern Front and ETO have been flogged to death, I had no real yearing to get stuck into them.

The senarios are great 'bite size' intro's into the 'Panzer Battle' systems.
Maps have been refurbished and 3 Unit graphic opitions - NATO, Topdown (ASL style) and Side profile with small NATO in the corner, - my favorite, are fantastic.
I especially enjoy the North Africa senarios, really get immersive, I feel the sand in my hair and sun on my back lol.

This is a great system and I'll be getting 'Panzer Battles 3' - North Africa 41 when its released, with an option on 'Normandy'
- cough cough, 'Market Garden' would be a good expansion to the series too.
Heia Safari
Mysterian

Post by Mysterian »

'Market Garden' would be a good expansion to the series too.

Agreed
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

This is a treat. I never tried one of these games, but always enjoyed the West Front/East front/Rising sun games. Before I start the demo, how near are these games to those?
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: SapperAstro

This is a treat. I never tried one of these games, but always enjoyed the West Front/East front/Rising sun games. Before I start the demo, how near are these games to those?

Not even close at the software level. Not really close visually. Not too far off at the level of command.

They do require an understanding of the interface.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
panzerwilly2

Post by panzerwilly2 »

Have been experimenting with the demo for this. I think the key is to become familiar with the UI mechanics of it ... the more you get used to that the more fun it is. My girlfriend caught me playing it and said: "It looks like a game of Jenga" :-)
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Does anyone know if France 40 has been updated?
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Does anyone know if France 40 has been updated?
Panzer Campaign? No, it has not. Only the Eastern Front games have been given the "Gold" treatment thus far.

Return to “General Discussion”