Overreach?!

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Frank

Overreach?!

Post by Frank »

Hey, Been playing Directive 41 Germany against the AI, having completed 106 turns, now 5/29/43, have an overwhelming victory, all forces well in supply, and, turn 107: The system says I've overreached, not over extended, my supply is cut in half and almost half of my forces are reorganizing, some losing about one third of their CF!? Now I understand other theaters may influence supply(Italy) but reorganizing(even OKH re-orged)suddenly in good weather is odd. Anyone know what has caused this "overreach"? Thanks
sPzAbt653

RE: Overreach?!

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I don't have an overreach event, but I do have an overstretched event.

If that is the one, it is a few turns after the you get the Citadel Bonuses when those bonuses reverse and you get lower supply and shock for a few turns. It is caused by the Germans dumping everything they had into an effort, after which they have to recover. The Case Blue and Citadel Offensive Theater Options are designed to make you decide if you want that or not.

Do you have a Background Document with that scenario ? I don't readily see one here in my folders.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Yes, overstretched, rather than overreached, I didn't see this in the background document, will look again: The lesson here; be careful with theatre options? Appears the Citadel bonus time span is based on the historical ability, rather than an alternate universe perspective. The players should be informed of this when choosing the options, my 2 cents, thanks for your help!
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

You are right, there are some things that players really should know otherwise things get distasteful. I would have thought that these TO's would have been explained in the Background Document, but as I can't seem to find it I can't check it [I lost the computer that did all the original work on D41, and no idea where I backed it up]. Feel free to post it here if you have it, or e-mail it to me. Thanks!
TPOO

Post by TPOO »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

You are right, there are some things that players really should know otherwise things get distasteful. I would have thought that these TO's would have been explained in the Background Document, but as I can't seem to find it I can't check it [I lost the computer that did all the original work on D41, and no idea where I backed it up]. Feel free to post it here if you have it, or e-mail it to me. Thanks!

I cannot find the original ether and thought it was with the scenario upload but it is just a copy of the briefing. I will have to make another one. The only other document with the scenario is the Directive 41 narrative itself. I am in the process of bringing this scenario up to date with all the new data that is out on this theater. There are a good number of Soviet units that are understrength to historic, especially in the Moscow defensive zone. I do not think I will have it ready for the next patch but will post it in the mod forum when done.
Thanks.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Thanks Rick [&o]

In the meantime, for anyone looking for more details on the scenario, grab the Directive 21 Briefing and look at that, because it pretty much covers everything in Directive 41, but it includes everything that applies prior to May 1942.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”