Allied D-Day Beach Supply

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

BK6583

Allied D-Day Beach Supply

Post by BK6583 »

I believe kept using beach supply for quite a long time. In the D-Day campaign, does there ever come time when I should abandon them?
loki100

RE: Allied D-Day Beach Supply

Post by loki100 »

as long as you can spare the TF (and usually you can), I'd agree keep it going. The big constraint on allied supply in France is port capacity. Perhaps once you have Antwerp and Marseilles repaired etc then you probably don't them but that happens fairly late in the game
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

Loki is right. Even when you have ports, until they're 100% repaired, you often can land an Allied division on an invasion beach and onload it the same turn, whereas units landed in damaged ports will probably need to wait until the following turn to unload.

I did learn from something Loki posted the other day, which is that if you have a damaged port size 1 or 2, and put a TF into it over a turn, it will fully repair the port. So that is something else to think about.

Cary
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Units unloading across a beach do so for free. If you use a port it costs port capacity.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”