how to change servers

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
gwgardner

how to change servers

Post by gwgardner »

In attempting to play Hairog's newest version of his mod, he set up a challenge, but I cannot see it. I see only two challenges. He sees ten of them. It seems I'm on the beta server and perhaps he's on a different one? How can we get on the same server?

My SC3 version is 1.12.01

Hairog

RE: how to change servers

Post by Hairog »

This may do it. From a previous post.
There are 2 servers, the normal and the beta.
Having just experienced this, games in the normal will actually force you to update (e.g. from v1.11 to v1.12) when official updates are released.
Games in the beta will get wiped when the developers start working on a new beta (I believe).

If you want to continue playing a beta PBEM game and an official game after an official update, then you will need to copy the exe file, and rename it. Then create a shortcut that executes the renamed file. Then update the regular game. Also note that if your opponent has a STEAM account he may have difficulty keeping the beta as STEAM is likely to force the update.
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Can't anyone help with this??

Thanks
Harry
WW III 1946 Books
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I believe that was my post.
What more do you want/need to know?
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

In attempting to play Hairog's newest version of his mod, he set up a challenge, but I cannot see it. I see only two challenges. He sees ten of them. It seems I'm on the beta server and perhaps he's on a different one? How can we get on the same server?

Hi Gwgardner,

You are playing the SC3 Beta which points to the PBEM++ Beta server and likely Hairog is playing v1.12 which points to the regular PBEM++ server.

No games are wiped on either server, just that there are two servers and games started with one of the SC3 Beta packages will only be listed on the Beta server, while games started with one of the release SC3 packages will only be listed on the regular PBEM++ server.

To play with Hairhog, simply ensure that both of you have the same version of SC3 installed, i.e. either the v1.12 release version or now the latest v1.12.02 Beta version.

That's it!
Hubert
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

I believe that was my post.
What more do you want/need to know?

Thanks for responding Taxmann66. I found your post quoted it and promptly lost track of it again. Which leads me to the bain of my existence currently...

THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THESE FORUMS DOESN'T WORK!

How in the world can you have a forum that doesn't have a search function?

Anyway, thanks again for your offer but I think Hubert has cleared it up.

Harry
WW III 1946 Books
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Hi Gwgardner,

You are playing the SC3 Beta which points to the PBEM++ Beta server and likely Hairog is playing v1.12 which points to the regular PBEM++ server.

No games are wiped on either server, just that there are two servers and games started with one of the SC3 Beta packages will only be listed on the Beta server, while games started with one of the release SC3 packages will only be listed on the regular PBEM++ server.

To play with Hairhog, simply ensure that both of you have the same version of SC3 installed, i.e. either the v1.12 release version or now the latest v1.12.02 Beta version.

That's it!
Hubert

I am playing v1.12.

Thanks Hubert
WW III 1946 Books
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Thanks Hubert and Taxman66. I have 1.12.02. I've never had a problem with saves when betas change.

Return to “Tech Support”