auto updater

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ezzler

auto updater

Post by ezzler »

Why doesn't the auto updater ever work ?
warspite1

RE: auto updater

Post by warspite1 »

It does apparently.... for some people. For others it is said to work intermittently and for others still (like me) it has never ever worked. Reason? Haven't got a scooby.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
ezzler

Post by ezzler »

me neither. never, ever worked.
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Mine used to work but doesn't anymore.

Speaking of which, I get confused by all these updates. It's not just the hard to read string of numbers. Should I bother installing all these beta updates or wait for an official one? Do we still get them? I can't remember.

Cheers, Neilster

Edit: Of course I should download and install the beta updates if I want the latest version of the game. It's just a bit annoying when I did it three times in quick succession. Whinge over [;)]
Cheers, Neilster
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Speaking of which, I get confused by all these updates. It's not just the hard to read string of numbers. Should I bother installing all these beta updates or wait for an official one? Do we still get them? I can't remember.

Cheers, Neilster

Edit: Of course I should download and install the beta updates if I want the latest version of the game. It's just a bit annoying when I did it three times in quick succession. Whinge over [;)]
I play a Netplay game with some other guys using TeamViewer. I will test out the new Beta before we consider upgrading it.

I keep each version of the Beta's so that I can go back to the earlier version if I encounter a show stopper.

I backed off on 2.8.3 (back to 2.8.2) until 2.8.4. I am confirming that we will be okay to use that version before we will use it with your Netplay games.

Dave

Return to “World in Flames”