2by3+

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Neogodhobo

RE: Cavalry corps training program.

Post by Neogodhobo »

Absolutely.

Also, Im a bit lost as to what reinforcement went where. I took a quick look at the map. Il need you guys to do my turn one last time. I dont have much time at the moment. If not I can do the turn in the next few days, but I fear it will be a waste of time for everyone.

Just dont touch the new reinforcement that arrived at the edge of the map. Il distribute those on the next turn. Il also start making offensive plan so check your PM, as I will send some important messages in the coming days.

Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

Great! also, keep in mind, high quality reinforcements might show up in the Caucasus. Everything South of Krasnodar the South commander won't touch.

to smoothly implement the Cavalry Corps training program, each Front commander should bring his Cav divisions to a rail way and placed then under Stavka.
all Cav shall have from now on a ToE of 100%, for this turn we should focus on bringing the cav to the train stations, by next turn, we will gather then in the Center of the map
and place most of then on refit in cycles.

comrade Darojax, will you do the supreme leaders turn?
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Iv sent Darojax a private message.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Mamluke, you can go ahead and make the SupCom + AirMarshal if you wish. I'm still going to be a while, hopefully will make the CentCom tonight.
Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

ORIGINAL: Darojax

Mamluke, you can go ahead and make the SupCom + AirMarshal if you wish. I'm still going to be a while, hopefully will make the CentCom tonight.

I don't want to mess with the air for the foreseeable future comrade, I will however, take the SupCom turn with pride.

all Cav divisions under Stavka will be moved to the rails and in to the central position.
once again, I ask all commanders to take care of their own cavalry in their own turns.
Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

It is done, I mostly sent some cav on rails, and corrected some ToE of units under Stvaka.
most reinforcements where already in position so no need to move then.

lot's of rail capacity left, use it comrades, we no longer are under such pressure for it!
otherwise, I can use of what is left by the end to transport some of the Heavy Industry in Rostov.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Air + Center Done.
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

OK, North is done. A bit of bombing is it.

Is Air Command bombing the Axis air bases in my front? I tired the fighters out good for you, anyway.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

For some reason wasn't able to bomb any Axis Airbases, didn't try all of them of course. AI bombing also didn't want to bomb anything. : )
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

I looked at the report screen and saw you hadn't bombed the Finnish airbases - which I consider easy meat. I tried myself and no dice: no bombers in range, though there were plenty.

Can we figure out why this is happening?
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Will take a look after south is done.
Mamluke

Post by Mamluke »

thedoctorking, you have not redeployed your cavalry to the rail way.

after I finish the South, can you do it then?

Darojax, we lost WAY too much recon planes, our SB-2 rec air regiments are severely depleted, and the P2-recon production is far to low to replaced the former in the near future.
the recon pools need to be manually taken care of, the R-5, with a range of 16 radius(hexes), is a decent recon plane, the R-10 is very good! with 29 radius.
we have 141 R-5 and 77 R-10 in the pool.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

I want each commander to prepare an offensive plan with these objectives in mind, and then sending me those plans trough PM ( you can make more than one). I will consult these plan, make modification and print the final version into your PMs. ( modification may or may not be made to your plans )

North
Priority #1 : -retaking Leningrad.
Second Objective -Establishing a connection with Leningrad and Novgorod.
Bonus Objective -Establish connection with Central Front at Lake Ilmen.

Central

Priority #1 : - Retaking Moscow
Secondary Objective - Establishing a connection with Northern Front at Lake Ilmen.
Bonus Objective - The capture of Tula and possible expansion of the frontline to Orel.

South

Priority #1 - Opening the pocket if it is still alive by the time of the Offensive is your top priority.
Second Objective - Establishing a stable frontline from Kursk - Kharkov - Stalino
Bonus Objective - Take the frontline a step further to Kursk - Kharkov - Dnepropetrovsk
Bonus Objective - Connect with Central Front.
Bonus Objective - Push from Sevastopol front to Zaporhozye

I know these objectives might be hard to reach. Or maybe impossible. But those are it. Make the best of it. I expect those plans to be delivered before November. I also expect you Marshals to prepare your troops and put them in position. You have about a month or two before the operation start. This mean that Southern Front Marshall should do everything in his possible to keep the pocket alive. Anything he needs to keep it alive will be given to him. I want that pocket to survive !

As mention before, you can make multiple plans, and I might make changes to your plans. I might also do my own plans if I find the time.

That is all Commanders. Dismiss.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Im thinking of plan like this, for exemple.

Where North and Central joins effort to cut off the Germans.
Troops in the black square would launch the initial assault in the direction of the black arrow. Before the assault though, troops in the red circle would have regroup in the red rectangle, and ready to push trough the hole made by black troops. Red Troops would then either continue to envelop the Germans by pursuing Green Arrow, or choose to pursue the main objective ( Moscow ) by going blue arrow.

Im thinking this would destabilize the Germans into getting attacked from a direction they wouldnt expect. Of course, this would mean that central front wouldnt have any reserve units as they were all used for the surprise offensive.

This is the type of things I want to see in the plans coming. unexpected attack direction, joint effort from different front, outside of the box thinking.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

You suggesting we abandon the Gorky fortifications? They will of course start to degrade.

I haven't played War in the East for a good long while before joining you guys in this game, so I might be completely wrong, but looking as we are playing with reduced blizzard effect and considering the state of the Red Army currently I really do not see how we can positively conduct any major break through winter offensives. Pushing the front back on a general basis is our best bet I would say, but even this I feel is very optimistic...

However, we are here to have fun. : ) Your plan looks like it, so if what you suggest above stands I will start moving troops. Just give me the go. Sorry for being a bore.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

It was just an exemple ;). Lets not do anything drastic just yet.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Regarding no bombing of enemy airfields I believe section 16.1.5 of the manual might hold the explanation:

"Air missions attempted in snow and mud have a forty percent chance of being scrubbed. The probability of a scrubbed mission increases to eighty percent during blizzard weather. If the air group unit does conduct the air mission, the distance flown will be multiplied by four in blizzard conditions and by two in mud or snow conditions. The number of individual aircraft aborting will also increase in bad weather, with blizzard conditions making it twice as difficult to fly as snow or mud. As with all air missions, the mileage flown will be modified based on the number of ready aircraft in the air group unit that actually flew, but the weather mileage penalty will apply, so the result will be fewer aircraft flying, but more miles expended per aircraft."

So probably nothing we can do much about, unfortunately.

Final air done.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Is everyone done on their files ? Theres only the Southern Cav to be put on rail ? Il do the last turn once its done.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

All done (air+center)
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

ORIGINAL: Mamluke

thedoctorking, you have not redeployed your cavalry to the rail way.

after I finish the South, can you do it then?

Alright guys, well were waiting on South and North.

Return to “After Action Reports”