Allied Squad Factories

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

tacticon

Allied Squad Factories

Post by tacticon »

Is it possible to create an on map factory the produces Malay, and Burma squads that will continue to produce those squads for as long as I hold the factories? If I create a Burmese 43 squad, will that factory upgrade when the new "equipment" becomes available.
Tacticon

What if there were no hypothetical situations?
jwolf

RE: Allied Squad Factories

Post by jwolf »

Yes -- on Kamino.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

Yes -- on Kamino.
I have no idea what you mean by that.

Japanese side squads are not created by factories per se, but by Manpower points plus supply, AFAIK. I don't know if there is a way to get squads of other nationalities from that source.
I think the easiest way is to go into the editor BEFORE the scenario is started and change the replacement rate for the national squads you want. Just:
1. Look at a unit that can use that squad type and write down the database index number for the unit (it is in the upper left of the unit screen).
2. Open the editor and select the scenario you want to change. Then save it to a vacant scenario slot higher than 25.
3. Go to the Locations tab and type in the index number of the unit and the editor should jump to it and display all the unit devices
4. Write down the index number of the squad device you want to change.
5. Go to the devices tab and put in that index number.
6. Change the pool size and/or replacement rate
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

It was a dumb joke. Star Wars reference to where the cloners operated.
tacticon

Post by tacticon »

Thanks BB, I know that I could modify the replacement rate in the editor. What I need to test is if I can put a Squad factory in Rangoon, so if the allies hold Rangoon, it continues to produce Burma squads throughout the war. I don't like that fact that production of Burmese squads ends in early 42 regardless of whether Burma has fallen or not. The same is true with other small allies.
Tacticon

tacticon

Post by tacticon »

I looked all over the map for Kamino but couldn't find it. Now I know it was hidden on purpose.
Tacticon

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: tacticon

Thanks BB, I know that I could modify the replacement rate in the editor. What I need to test is if I can put a Squad factory in Rangoon, so if the allies hold Rangoon, it continues to produce Burma squads throughout the war. I don't like that fact that production of Burmese squads ends in early 42 regardless of whether Burma has fallen or not. The same is true with other small allies.
I don't understand what you mean by a squad "factory". Factories can produce their equipment which affects their firepower/anti-soft/anti-armour ratings, but the people have to be created in the usual biological way because no one has found Kamino in this galaxy.

AFAIK the only way to up the rate of induction of people into your armed forces is by increasing the rate in the editor. You can also change the end date for their appearance. If you set their units to only appear at Rangoon, when the enemy captures Rangoon, the squads should accumulate in the pools. When you retake Rangoon all those captive young men should be released to your recruiters/draft boards again. At least that is the way it seems to work with the Chinese when Chungking and the alternate base get captured by the IJA, and recaptured later by the Allies.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Is it possible to create an on map factory the produces Malay, and Burma squads that will continue to produce those squads for as long as I hold the factories? If I create a Burmese 43 squad, will that factory upgrade when the new "equipment" becomes available.

This is a very, very bad, course of action to take.

In theory it can be done but the cost is to make the game completely unplayable for a Japanese human player and the AI for either side.

The replacement rate and production period can be altered in the editor. That is the only viable way to implement this game design alteration. Doing so has its own ramifications which a human Japanese opponent may not approve off but at least it would not make the game unplayable which is the outcome if the Malayan and Burmese squads are made producible as a factory output.

Creating a convoy with these squads in it is another alternative which does not completely break the game. Again it has ramifications which a human Japanese opponent may object to vehemently.

Both alternatives offered take no account of what the situation is on the ground. IOW even if all of Malaya and all of Burma is lost to Japan by February 1942, those squads would still be received and go directly into the pools.

Alfred
tacticon

Post by tacticon »

I ran some tests and an on map squad factory does produce squads for the allied pool. However, when it is captured it continues to produce squads for the allies. So it is not the option that I was seeking.
Tacticon

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

I ran some tests and an on map squad factory does produce squads for the allied pool. However, when it is captured it continues to produce squads for the allies. So it is not the option that I was seeking.

I warned you it would make the game unplayable. The ill effect you noticed is by far the least bad outcome it produces. There are several much more serious ill effects which result and which guarantee that no human player would ever agree to play Japan in such a modded scenario.

Your only options are to choose from those I suggested or simply accept the existing game design as being correct in the overall scheme of things.

Alfred
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

deleted
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

I warned you it would make the game unplayable. The ill effect you noticed is by far the least bad outcome it produces. There are several much more serious ill effects which result and which guarantee that no human player would ever agree to play Japan in such a modded scenario.

Your only options are to choose from those I suggested or simply accept the existing game design as being correct in the overall scheme of things.

Alfred

And, it really would not add much to the game anyways.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”