Drawing supply from captured towns

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

magic87966

Drawing supply from captured towns

Post by magic87966 »

My question is about drawing supply from newly captured towns. It seems that sometimes I can draw supply right after the capture of an enemy town and a few times I can't. Weather isn't a factor. Is there a rule affecting this that I am not aware of? Thanks.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."

Horatio Nelson
Sugar

RE: Drawing supply from captured towns

Post by Sugar »

There are 2 rules at min. affecting the conditions of ressources: collateral damage and scorched earth. The first appears after fierce fighting in the town/city, the second in Russia/related countries as well as Germany; both are able to decrease the supply production to zero.

Nevertheless they will start to recover 1 supply/turn immediately, beginning with the first own turn after occupation afaik. Placing an HQ in a town with 2 supply, the HQ will therefore provide 8 supply in your next turn, but not in enemies' next turn.
magic87966

Post by magic87966 »

Does the HQ have to be IN the town? I have a full strength HQ adjacent to a captured Soviet town at 2 supply and the HQ is at supply 2(5) and showing supply 2(5) for the following turn as well. Again, there is no weather impact.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."

Horatio Nelson
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

5.13. Supply Rules Units receive supply from friendly resources and HQs, and unit supply is a major factor in determining combat effectiveness. 5.13.1. General Notes on Supply § Resources which provide the most supply are Major Capitals and Major Ports, as they can provide supply values of up to 12. § These are followed by Major’s Capitals, Industrial Centers, Primary Supply Centers and Ports, which can potentially provide supply up to 10. § Secondary Supply Centers and Minor’s Capitals provide supply up to a maximum of 5. § Connection by rail to any other friendly resource from all of the above except for Ports will raise the connected resources to their maximum strength and supply levels. So advancing into enemy territory to cut off their troops and resources from these Key Locations can reduce enemy income, and lead to the destruction of these enemy forces at lower supply. This will help because units at lower supply are less effective and much easier to destroy! § Captured enemy resources will generally provide less supply than friendly ones. § The supply benefit of resources decreases with distance by 1 per hex in clear terrain. § The rate of decrease will be greater in non-clear terrain, as such terrain is an impediment to good supply. For example, placing units in large
forests, mountains or marshes, unless they are close to a nearby supply source, will generally be a bad move. § Roads negate the effect of terrain on supply, so keeping units on or near roads is recommended. § Oil, Mine and Settlement resource types do not provide supply to any units. § Units in low supply cannot be reinforced as well as those in higher supply, while those lacking any supply cannot be reinforced at all. § Naval units can only be reinforced in port. § Naval units can only be fully supplied in port, though they will gain some supply from being in the proximity of friendly ports, the benefit decreasing with distance. 5.13.2. viewing Supply § Press S on your keyboard to view current supply levels. Press it again to view a prediction of supply in the next turn, including in currently enemy territory, should you seize that territory this turn. 5.13.3. Damage to Resources § Resources can be damaged by bombing, shore bombardment, partisan activity, scripted events and also by scorched earth when resources change hands. § Resources damaged by any of the above will automatically repair by 1 strength point at the start of their owning side’s turn. No micromanagement of this is necessary. § Any resource except for a Capital of Fortress that has 4 or more enemy units adjacent to it will have their resource strength reduced by 1 point per turn until it reaches 0. If there aren't 2 enemy units present then the resource regains strength by 1 point per friendly turn, i.e. deterioration happens in enemy turns, and regaining strength only occurs in friendly turns. § The presence of an enemy naval unit adjacent to a port will prevent that port from providing supply to any friendly land units. Sinking the enemy naval unit or driving it away will enable that port to provide supply again.

There are also several threads worth reading.
magic87966

Post by magic87966 »

Thanks!

Horatio Nelson

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”