Gun out of HE but it never fired HE

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

blackcloud6

Gun out of HE but it never fired HE

Post by blackcloud6 »

I'm playing Last Stand in Tretten and I went to fire the IG gun shooting HE at an infantry target and it comes up with a dialog that says it ran out of HE. This gun only fired smoke in the previous player turn. It had never fired HE.

This was a restart to the game. In the previous playing, the gun could fire HE.

Is this gun supposed to be able to run out of HE?

Save fire attached.
Attachments
Tretten_noHE.zip
(39.3 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Peter Fisla

RE: Gun out of HE but it never fired HE

Post by Peter Fisla »

Hmmm, I have looked at my code but this gun does not have a limited HE rounds. Is it possible by any chance this is an old saved game file ?

Try to play the scenario file again, use the infantry gun the same way (meaning fire smoke first, then try to fire HE round) and see what happens. I did some testing on my own but I can't find any issues...puzzled.
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Hmmm, I have looked at my code but this gun does not have a limited HE rounds. Is it possible by any chance this is an old saved game file ?

Try to play the scenario file again, use the infantry gun the same way (meaning fire smoke first, then try to fire HE round) and see what happens. I did some testing on my own but I can't find any issues...puzzled.

No, it was not an old game saved file. Today was the first time I played it.

I'll play shooting it again.
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

I just played a few turns of the scenario again. The first time I fired the IG I used smoke, then HE thereafter and it worked fine.

I have no idea what happened in that first game that caused the gun to lose HE.

Return to “Tech Support”