1940 Operation Seelowe

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Robert24

1940 Operation Seelowe

Post by Robert24 »

[left][/left]1940 Operation Seelowe

Download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lls0o3mdy560g ... e.zip?dl=0

This is a modification of the SC3 1940 Attack in the West campaign. The SC3 European map is kept intact and only the date, situation, and countries are modified to let players experience the big what-if of 1940, Operation Seelowe.

The game starts on 15 September 1940; the French have surrendered, and the British are the only active major Allied country on the board. With the Royal Navy surrounding the British Isles, and the RAF reduced, German amphibious units are in the English Channel positioned to invade southern England.

While the British Army is weak and the RAF has been forced to pull back from the southern coast, the Royal Navy is large and well positioned to interdict the German invasion.

The Germans have few amphibious transports available to them and their Kriegsmarine surface force is small. However, the Germans can count on a strong Luftwaffe and numerous high-quality ground and airborne units.

On the first turn, prior to the commencement of the game, the German player will be offered a variant. The player is asked if the historical outcome of the Norwegian invasion should be reversed. If the German player reverses the historical situation the game will start as if the invasion of Norway had never occurred. This will benefit the Germans as they will have available to them all of the German naval units lost in the Norway Campaign. Norway will start neutral and the Royal Navy units destroyed in the Norway Campaign will become available to the UK player. It is up to the player to decide.

An opportunity for different game experiences is offered with four other variants. The variants have historical context and will be familiar to gamers and historians. These variables include events for Vichy-French naval units under German control, increased German airborne capability, American relief of Canadian units to enable their deployment to Britain, and direct American intervention in Britain.

These variants are activated differently than the standard game Decision Events. To activate the variants they must be selected from the Script menu prior to completing the setup of the game. When starting the setup of the game follow this path, Advance -> Scripts -> Decision Event, and select any or all of the Seelowe Variant Decision Events.

Have fun,
Robert
sad ham

RE: 1940 Operation Seelowe

Post by sad ham »

Very good.
I've tested playing as Axis and it is very easy to win because the Royal Navy does not react properly and stay away from the Channel.
By the way it could be a good way to play the game as Allies 'cause in the Vanilla version I've never seen a German AI Seelowe.
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Testing as Allies Vs. Axis AI.
The german AI did not use paratroops to take Portsmouth, so that the invasion failed.
Robert24

Post by Robert24 »

Hi sad ham,

Thanks for the feedback.

I changed the position of the German paratroop unit and wrote a Fleet script for the UK. When I ran a test the German AI used the paratroopers in an attack on the first turn, and the UK AI moved naval units into the English Channel.

I uploaded the modified files at the same link. You’ll have to download and install to try the changes if you want to.

Robert
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Good.

The sequence to take Portsmouth on the first turn should be:

- German uses all the air units (starting with Tactical and then with Med bombers) to reduce the force of the English Inf defending Portsmouth. This bombing is also useful for the next paradrop because all the English fighters will be already used.
- German drops the paratroops in the ex nortwest of Portsmouth and use it to attack.
- German unloads the Inf corp, northeast of Portsmouth, move it to the north and attack.
- German unloads the Inf army northeast of Portsmouth and attack.

A this point the English unit defending Portsmouth should be eliminated and the German HQ can disembark in Portsmouth.

Look at the pic.
Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (913.59 KiB) Viewed 659 times
Robert24

Post by Robert24 »

Nice!
Combined operations - love it!
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

ORIGINAL: Robert24

Nice!
Combined operations - love it!

You have to write a script to have the German do it.
Robert24

Post by Robert24 »

Not sure that can be written.
The scripts are not the precise.
What affects the AI most are placement of friendly and enemy units.
But, I'll make those adjustments and see if I can get a better result.
Robert24

Post by Robert24 »

Not sure that can be written.
The scripts are not the precise.
What affects the AI most are placement of friendly and enemy units.
But, I'll make those adjustments and see if I can get a better result.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”