Strategic Command Classic: WWII out on April, 5th

This is the Gold Edition of the Original Strategic Command: Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare combined. It also Patton Drives East expansion and Strategic Command Pacific Theatre.
Daniele

Strategic Command Classic: WWII out on April, 5th

Post by Daniele »

Another title from the classic Strategic Command Series it's coming and will be released on Matrix next week!

This time, it's Strategic Command: Blitzkrieg that's hitting the shelves, but the deal is far bigger than you might think!

In fact, this matrix edition is the Gold Edition of the Original Strategic Command: Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare combined! It also Patton Drives East expansion and Strategic Command Pacific Theatre!

This huge re-release will be out very soon, on April 5th!

Brace yourself for Strategic Command Classic: WWII!

From the product page:

“Combining the ease of play, accessibility and addicting gameplay, Strategic Command Classic: World War II adds tons of features in a single game.

Weapons and Warfare (the expanded & enhanced version of the original Blitzkrieg)

Rewrite history with 6 full length, open ended campaigns beginning at key stages of World War II. Begin the war from the historical invasion of Poland in 1939, Denmark and Norway in 1940, Russia in 1941, Stalingrad in 1942, the invasion of Sicily by the Allies in 1943 or the epic beach landings of D-Day in 1944.

Pacific

Players will be able to wage war across the massive expanse of the Pacific Ocean. From British occupied India, Tibet, Nepal and China in the West to Pearl Harbor and the West Coast of the US and Canada. WWII Pacific Theatre features a very large map, at 198x82 tiles in size.

Patton Drives East

Patton Drives East allows players to explore the historically possible what ifs of WWII such as:

- What if the Western Allies and the Soviet Union went to war after defeating the Axis?

- Could America liberate a Europe subjugated by the Axis?

- What if the Western Allies had accepted a surrender from Germany and together they would fight against the USSR?”

Important!

This is not a new game. We are taking over from Battlefront as the publisher of this game.

The Gold Edition allow players to play:

- Blitzkrieg + Weapons and Warfare

- Pacific Theatre

- Patton Drives East
rtoolooze

RE: Strategic Command Classic: WWII out on April, 5th

Post by rtoolooze »

Whoohoo, bring it on and take my money! Thanks guys for this!
marcdhanna

Post by marcdhanna »

hmmm okay! How is it different from Strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict...??

I didn't realize there was another flavor of this.
Prajñāpāramitā
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

What are the differences between this and the strategic Command Classic: Global Conflict? I own that on and have it on Steam.
marcdhanna

Post by marcdhanna »

Right, I'll make a note of that since I've been keep track of what's going on with your game ownership.

I was looking for something more helpful such as why I should buy this game if I already own Command Classic: Global Conflict? Why is Matrix coming out with this, especially if it's just the same as another release.
Prajñāpāramitā
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

You basically get 4 games for the price of one. [&o]
The scale is a bit different compared to Global. More manageable i.m.h.o. Check the screenshots.
Especially Strategic Command: Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare.
Pacific is focused on... the Pacific. [:D] Compared to global which is... global.
Patton I haven't played much tbh.
I've spend most hours in Weapons and Warfare myself, although I own all the games in the series already.

PS. I must admit the current 6 screenshots do a very poor job of showing what's different. I'll tell Hubert about it.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks for your interest everyone and to clarify, this package can be defined more narrowly as the following:

Blitzkrieg + Weapons and Warfare
- WWWII European Theatre game with a much larger map for the European Theatre than you would have in the previous Classic WWII Global Conflict release
- several more detailed scenarios included such as the beaches of D-Day, Market Garden, Citadelle and so on.

Pacific
- WWWII Pacific Theatre game with a much larger map for the Pacifc Theatre than you would have in the previous Classic WWII Global Conflict release
- several more detailed scenarios included such as the Kokoda Trail, Guadalcanal, Midway, Philippines and so on.

Patton Drives East
- Post WWII game with several what if campaigns such as the Germans joining the Western Allies to battle the USSR, or the Western Allies and the Soviet Union going to war after defeating the Axis and so on.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

Thanks for the responses. I will be buying this game now that the differences have been explained.
arshelo

Post by arshelo »

Will prior (Battlefront) owners of the mods listed on the game (Strategic Command Clssic World War 2) be given a code in order to obtain a free copy from matrix and steam? As were provided for the last two releases (SC Gold WW2 & SC Classic WW1).
marcdhanna

Post by marcdhanna »

Great clarifications everyone, thank you! I look forward to the release!
Prajñāpāramitā
arshelo

Post by arshelo »

Are (Battlefront) owners of the mods listed on the game (Strategic Command Clssic World War 2) be given a code in order to obtain a free copy from matrix and steam?
As were already provided for the last two releases (SC Gold WW2 & SC Classic WW1).
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Arshelo,

because this is a combination of a number of games it isn't possible to map ownership of any one game to this package. What we're doing is offering discounts to existing users. Use your serial number from Battlefront on the purchase page and it will give you a 40-60% discount depending on what you already owned.

We'll post full instructions.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
dutta1kartik3

Post by dutta1kartik3 »

Is the game actually being released on April 5th [&:]?

I cannot wait any longer [:'(]
JReb

Post by JReb »

ORIGINAL: dutta1kartik3

Is the game actually being released on April 5th [&:]?

I cannot wait any longer [:'(]

Me too!
My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
mbar

Post by mbar »

Please, sir. May I have some more?

AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Yes we are - any word on when it will be released??
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

Was ready to buy, once I got home from hospital, but it not released yet here or on steam, sad face,[&:]
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

Seriously, it's 6:00 PM here in Arizona, USA on April 5 and I don't see the game available to purchase yet. Is it due today?
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

Still not out yet. [:-]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

as soon as the office opens in an hour, i'm sure there will be an official announcements from them and a reason why it didn't happen as they had planned it, so thanks for your patience and sorry about the delay
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Strategic Command Classic WWII”