What triggers Iraq and how to take Baghdad?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

jjdenver

What triggers Iraq and how to take Baghdad?

Post by jjdenver »

When does Iraq revolt occur and is it true that you just need to place 2 units next to Baghdad to force surrender as British?
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
bullet911

RE: What triggers Iraq and how to take Baghdad?

Post by bullet911 »

Triggers when an axis unit comes within 2 hexes of el alamein and yes ANY 2 units I believe its doesnt have to be just british units, if im wrong somebody will put me right
Robert24

Post by Robert24 »

Right, two Allied units next to Baghdad.
However, the surrender is variable, so just keep the Allied units in place.
The Iraqis surrender within three turns.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

1. It's more like 3 hexes from El Alamein as the other condition trigger is 5 hexes from Alexandria, iirc.

2. 2 ground units next to Baghdad provide either a 75% or 25% chance per turn depending on if Germany spends 25 MPP on a DE to support Iraq.

3. If the UK chooses to sanction Iraq Iraq revolts immediately, but the UK will get a full strength and upgraded Corps (so they just have to be prepared to send another unit or have one in place). If they don't sanction Iraq, they can delay the revolt but it will eventually happen. Personally, I've never choosen to do that.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”