Road movement

Brian Kellys Desert War: 1940-42 captures the drama of the campaign for North Africa during World War II.
tyronec

Road movement

Post by tyronec »

So I line up a string of units on a road, with the fastest ones at the front. Then next turn move them along the road starting with the lead unit. The first couple move OK but but as I work down the line the road movement bonus is progressively lost and units prefer to use any movement path to the one intended. Sometimes taking them to other areas of the front line where I know there are enemy units.
So not only am I losing out on the expected road movement but am also having to each unit several times to keep it in roughly the right area and near to it's HQ.
Am I missing something here ?
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
Yogi the Great

RE: Road movement

Post by Yogi the Great »

You probably did, but are you sure that all units had Move+ supply? Units must have Move+ supply to use Road Movement.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Saint Ruth

RE: Road movement

Post by Saint Ruth »

There's a "congestion charge" on the roads so the more units that use the road, the higher the movement cost for that road (the congestion charge is low).
So why is that? Because units were getting stuck in traffic jams along the roads, so this is an attempt to get them to use alternative routes if a lot of other units are using the same road.
Their destination should of course be the same.

Return to “Desert War 1940 - 1942”