Exactly how do i "win" in this game?

Close Combat - Cross of Iron is based on Atomic Games award Winning Close Combat Series. Close Combat is a real time game were you take command of German or Soviet squads on the Eastern Front during World War II. This version is being developed by CSO Simtek and will include many new features and improvements.
Benzin1973

Exactly how do i "win" in this game?

Post by Benzin1973 »

Hello all, new CC player here. Im having trouble understanding what exactly are the victory conditions for winning battles.
Im currently playing the grand campaign as the soviet union in 100% realism, with the time limit turned off (i hate being rushed). And it has happened several times that im in the middle of the game, just starting my advance, i take out a couple of german units and the game ends with a "minor victory" because the enemy fled.

According to the manual, If they fled it means i got control of the entire map, so why a "minor" victory? how could have acheived a "major" victory?

Next mission, i have barely encountered enemy units, i kill a few, i havent lost a single unit, suddenly the game ends again because "the enemy fled", and i receive a minor defeat???
I made the enemy flee in terror from the map, i took zero cassualties, and i receive a defeat? how does that work?

Either there is something bugged here, or (most likely) even though i read the manual, i dont understand exactly how do i "win".

I would appreciate it if someone can explain to me how does the game determines minor, major defeats/victories. And, is there a way i can force the game to continue untill i capture all VPs, or kill all the enemies, or something to stop the game from abruptly stopping in the middle of battle?

thanks in advance!

Return to “Close Combat - Cross of Iron”