BETA - Weal of Bretherens want advice

Post new mods and scenarios here
John T_MatrixForum

BETA - Weal of Bretherens want advice

Post by John T_MatrixForum »

I started to convert Eric Nygards Weserubung Scenario version 2.6 some thirteen years ago...
Now I converted it from the latest version 5.2 and tried to make it fit.

But it is no balanced game yet (if ever)

I like to get your advice on it regarding basically everything:)
play balance,
German forces added (to few?)

How to handle a situation where Sweden remains Neutral for the first couple of gameturns?
I base the scenario on the Idea that Germany does not forsee a Swedish entry, and releases Weserübung according to plan.
In some sort of a German worst case scenario.

Scenario changes from Weserubung 5.2

Added Swedish armed forces and Swedish map.
The compilation of Local defence forces are (to the best of my knowledge) unique.
This is the first place you will find the mobilization schedule of Swedish battalion level local defenses ever, outside the archives.

I tried to normalize Proficiency based on Conscription time.

Note that aprox half the Norwegian army had 48 to 60 days of training in total when the war started.
Danes, Swedes and Norwegian cavalry had 5 months of basic training.

Norgwegian infantry units with Proficiency 65 set to 54 With exception of 6 Div.
Norgwegian units with Proficiency 60 set to 51 With exception of 6 Div.
Danish units with proficiency 50 are set to 62

NSB rail repair crews set to proficiency 70

Removed all Tiger Moth from Norwegian airforce, not a combat aircraft
Replaced Fokker XXIII with the much older Fokker CV

Replaced Danish 37mm gun with 37 mm AT Gun

Added Airstrip at Ålesund ( IRL civilian field, and that makes it possible to ferry airplanes into Scandinavia through Shetlands)

German Airtransport capacity reduced by 25% (to 900) for the first gameturns (event 6)
If 22 Luftlande are included by theater option, Airtransport capacity goes up to 1400 (as in this scenario transports to south Sweden would use less TonnKilomtres than to south Norway.

Ordinary German units with LuftLande Secondary Icon gets initial supply 50%

Mobilization Procedure

If you do not use the theater option "mobilize Swedish army" the Swedish army will organize according to the historical schedule,
this was based on the German demand that Sweden would not make any aggressive moves thus letting the mobilization spread out over a week.
And label it "Organization", not Mobilization.

Non mobilized Danish units get readiness= 55 to depict the mobilization procedure
Swedish local defence units got readiness= 35 at start.
Swedish III Förd and the Cavalry brigade starts with readiness= 67, as their officers already where called up the 6:th of April.
Most of Norwegian army READINESS="28"
with exception of already called up units and 6 Div.(not yet checked who else where active on the 8:th)

Swedish Rail are not mobilized if you dont use theatre option "Swedish mobilization",
IRL to keep the peace time timetable and just tucking in the military transports in free slots
was a way to make the Germans understand that Sweden intended to stay out of the war.

Have I understood it correct that I can upload the zipped sce file and don't have to bother about eqp files anymore?

Cheers
/John T
Attachments
WealOfBretherens.zip
(351.18 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
/John T

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”