Type-agnostic 1/3 rule?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

guanotwozero

Type-agnostic 1/3 rule?

Post by guanotwozero »

Is there any way of using the 1/3 rule with different types in the same mission?

For example, allocated to an ASW mission I have 2 Seahawks and 1 Lynx. The mission initiates by launching one of the Seahawks and the Lynx. It looks like it applies the 1/3 rule to each of the types instead of the whole mixed-type allocation.

How can I make it use only 1 chopper at a time?

If it's not possible, I'd like to request it as a new feature.
Puciek

RE: Type-agnostic 1/3 rule?

Post by Puciek »

I would love that as a togglable feature!
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

Not just the 1/3 rule. I'd prefer it with both the cycling options (keep N aircraft on station). For example, I might have F/A-18E/Fs and F/A-18C/Ds. I might want to keep 2 aircraft on station at all times, I don't care if they're both the same type, they're fighters. I run into this when there's 1-seat and 2-seat versions of the same fighter, multiple types of ASW helos, or just generally any time there's similarly performing platforms that can do the same job.
orca

Post by orca »

I also would like this and have made a request on the features request thread. You should put your request there as well.
guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

Was just checking in case I'd missed something, but seems not.

So okeydokey...

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”