How to run 5.2.9

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

ghoward

How to run 5.2.9

Post by ghoward »

I have OOB-WWII with pacific, rising, winter running as DLCs. I bought Pacific first, ran it as standalone until WWII was released then uninstalled it and reinstalled it as a DLC under WWII. I have upgraded WWII to 5.2.9 and have a new exe (OOB-WW2_64.exe) in the root of oob-WWII. However the splash screen still insists that I am running 2.9.6d (bottom center, not top left. The update function says I am up to date, and the new exe produces only a blank screen if run directly. There are all kinds of anomalies going on I suspect are related to this (OOB-Boardgame mod wont run, Pacific scenario 1 locks consistantly at turn 12, user scenarios not recognized except for Betio Island (only sometimes, and even then the scenario name and the "no user scenarios available" message are superimposed on each other)). Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Have I somehow gotten Pacific and WWII logically cross wired with each other? I have removed and all and reinstalled and reupdated from scratch and that did not solve my problem[&:]
bru888

RE: How to run 5.2.9

Post by bru888 »

It's hard to tell, not being able to sit next to you and look at it together. So the only advice that I can give you is to start over, following the procedures in this thread (particularly my post):

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=82811

That should get you to version 5.2.9. Bear in mind that they will be releasing Sandstorm soon and that will probably mean another patch which you will want to install to get to version 6.x even if you don't buy Sandstorm.

That thing about Pacific becoming WWII at some point in time is tricky. If you bought U.S. Pacific and Rising Sun together way back when, you had one serial number for both. THE GAME STILL ACCEPTS IT (up through 5.2.9) but you need to know when to enter it. It's here, during the installation process (otherwise, if you bought those DLC's seperately later on, you enter the serial number when you install each DLC):

Attachments
Capture350.jpg
Capture350.jpg (266.34 KiB) Viewed 149 times
ghoward

Post by ghoward »

Thank You!
The jump from ver2.9.6(32) to ver5.2.1(64) had completely escaped my attention so I was trying to slap a 64b patch on a 32b program. It works so much better when it is everything is running at 64 bits. I havn't tried Pearl Harbor yet, but I expect that that will work fine as well. Again, Thank You!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

ORIGINAL: ghoward

Thank You!
The jump from ver2.9.6(32) to ver5.2.1(64) had completely escaped my attention so I was trying to slap a 64b patch on a 32b program. It works so much better when it is everything is running at 64 bits. I havn't tried Pearl Harbor yet, but I expect that that will work fine as well. Again, Thank You!
You made my day. Enjoy the game. [:)]

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”