How to fire weapons

The Silent Service is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations, walking you through the nuances of modern submarine operations.
bc1328

How to fire weapons

Post by bc1328 »

I'm doing Delta force and can't figure out how to target and fire missiles or anything for that matter. I've scanned the book for missiles and nothing was found and I checked out the UTube tutorials.
I feel like an idiot because it's got to be right in front of me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can tell me or direct me to where I can find out.
Brad
ultradave

RE: How to fire weapons

Post by ultradave »

Once you've gotten the targeting data, your target is waaaaaay over on the Pacific Ocean. Easiest way is to select your SSBN, then SHIFT-F1. Select the airbase that is your target. Then the attack window will come up and you can allocate 4 missiles to the airbase that is the target. Once you do that and close the dialog within a short time the missiles will launch one at a time.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Hi bc1328 and welcome.

I thoroughly recommend going through the Basic Submarine Operations tutorials; they will guide you through all the basics.

Look under ‘tutorials’ in the start new scenario window.
bc1328

Post by bc1328 »

Thank you both, your answers are a great help.

Brad
Brad
Wolff117

Post by Wolff117 »

Greetings.

Went through the 4 tutorial missions and keep dying on the 4th one. I stay on the bottom waiting for the FFG and the helo keeps killing me with torps. I can figure out how to launch weapons auto and manually but, can't figure out how to launch decoys. I tried auto and shift + F1 for decoys but don't see anything happening. Tried finding a video of the tutorials on YouTube...

Cheers.
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

Hi Wolff117

Decoys (and flares and chaff) are deployed automatically.
You don´t have to worry about that. You can see their effect in the endgame calculations in the message log.

Søren
Wolff117

Post by Wolff117 »

ORIGINAL: Schr75

Hi Wolff117

Decoys (and flares and chaff) are deployed automatically.
You don´t have to worry about that. You can see their effect in the endgame calculations in the message log.

Søren
Thank you for the quick reply!

Any good videos that you know of for avoiding torpedoes with diesel-electric boats?

Since adding a mod for images for the database, who doesn't like eye candy :) I'm really enjoying this stand-alone game. Really thinking about getting Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations next.
Puciek

Post by Puciek »

The key to avoiding torps or other munitions as the submarine is to not get detected. Once you are found you generally are screwed, but your submarine will attempt auto-evasion and deploy all possible defences, from decoys to ewar. If you were found by enemy sub, may well worth it to turn on the active sonar and send your own torpedoes in response, force him to dodge bullets instead of continuing assault.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

If nothing else you force them a pyrrhic victory, possibly killing him too.

Once a torpedo is in the water, assuming reasonably modern day, you are in serious trouble. Your sub will evade and decoy automatically, so other than that, just keep your fingers crossed.

Staying undetected is the key. And don't worry. That 4th tutorial is VERY tough to beat.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Wolff117

Post by Wolff117 »

Doing a lot better with the other tutorial in a SSN-74 class :) Stubborn though want to be proficient with the diesel-electric. Will get some day.

Great strategy getting players hooked on Command: The Silent Service. Really enjoying it I'm just doing tutorials right now.

Attachments
Web.jpg
Web.jpg (172.08 KiB) Viewed 113 times

Return to “Command: The Silent Service”