In what way...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

MikeBrough

In what way...

Post by MikeBrough »

...is this thread 'political'?
Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.
rico21

RE: In what way...

Post by rico21 »

All is political, after you lock or not.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I was wondering the same thing.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Usually once a forum strays from the ostensible function of the forum, it tends to go south.

This is the home of a game making/publishing company. Once the dialogue isn't about games, it tends to go south more often than not.

I've seen this happen on EVERY forum I have been on since 2000. None are ever spared.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
HunterICX

Post by HunterICX »

Can confirm that 'Politics' can make a whole forum pretty unpleasant especialy when some get very involved, sure one could say well stay out of that particular part of the Forum but when that's where most activity is brewing it's like asking to ignore a impressive car wreck.

As for that particular thread, the intention may not have been political but if you read the replies you'll see why it got closed.

Anyway that's my 2 cents about that.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: HunterICX

Can confirm that 'Politics' can make a whole forum pretty unpleasant especialy when some get very involved, sure one could say well stay out of that particular part of the Forum but when that's where most activity is brewing it's like asking to ignore a impressive car wreck.

As for that particular thread, the intention may not have been political but if you read the replies you'll see why it got closed.

Anyway that's my 2 cents about that.

warspite1

No. The intention was in no way shape or form even remotely political. The intention - on a wargaming forum - was to highlight how just the addition of colour to a black and white image - the like of which we've all sadly seen countless times - seems to magnify and focus the suffering in a way that black and white doesn't.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Unfortunately it was the opinions stated by others that made a non political thread political just as this one is headed that way. [;)]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
NavalNewZ

Post by NavalNewZ »

..there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

The OP wasn't political at all but the holocaust denial was opening pandora's political box.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

to carry on from a locked thread, is only asking for more trouble, if the views / posters held don't agree, talk elsewhere, as soon as any go off topic on a given subject, staff will and have the right to lock, no matter of the content or views of the posters.

only friendly advice before admin steps in tbh.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
MikeBrough

Post by MikeBrough »

Having read through some of the responses on the original thread, I can see now why it was considered 'political' and locked.

Am I able to lock this thread myself?
Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no, only staff mods can lock threads here i'm sorry to say
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Actually after quite number of years (doesn't really take that long) on the forum it isn't all that hard to read the first posting in a thread and know that it will just be a matter of time before it does become political. This was one of those times.

It is always a little frustrating when a good thread is suddenly stopped because we couldn't help ourselves and just had to post that entry that doomed it. Despite all those often repeated arguments of free speech, they are right and fully justified to stop the threads. Quite a few years ago on another game company forum I participated in, political statements and even personal attacks weren't controlled. The result was not pretty and it was better to just leave the forum.

I'd rather be a little frustrated when the occasional thread is locked, than lose what is a great forum that promotes our hobby well.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry, but I'm going to lock this thread before someone wants to use this thread as way to pass their own "political" agenda.

Return to “General Discussion”