Mesa Verde Meets 'Em Head On, 2024 -- new beta for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Mesa Verde Meets 'Em Head On, 2024 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

My newest beta...in the near future, an allied SAG (SOLANTNAVFOR) must seek out and destroy hostile forces in the Republic of the Congo. I've tried to set this up so there are several options for completing the mission, including using Marines, and some surprises.

As always, please let me know what you think. Are there any errors that need to be fixed? What else can do I do make the scenario more fun and more challenging.

Thanks!

Version 4 uploaded 5:35 PM EST 3/29/18

Attachments
Mesa Verde..On, 2024.zip
(91.4 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
AlexGGGG

RE: Mesa Verde Meets 'Em Head On, 2024 -- new beta for testing

Post by AlexGGGG »

Hello Mark,

Looked little bit too easy, all in all.

I've lost one of my UAVs and got Triumph with 1 day 23 hours left. I came up to the coast near the Gabon border and used naval guns to kill SAMs (one of the ships has 127mm with enough range), then came in with helos and killed off the rest of the units. Then I moved north towards Pointe Nouire and repeated the same process. One time when SSM launch came I got a little worried but my SAM capability was good enough. Two incidents of what I figured out to be a surprise attack, I killed them both pretty easy.

No bugs that I can see.

Except in scen description

The United Nationas has attempted to broke a cease-fire, but has been rebuffed.

Nationas should be Nations, and also I'm not sure if broke is the correct word in this context? should be broker maybe?
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Version 2 uploaded with a few tweaks. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

This time the enemy did not even fire (except for SAMs; SAMs were firing all right).
I'm not sure how that can be, but I did ID the suspicious ship by the sub and I killed it with a torpedo, and then I did ID the aircraft by the sub (which was at periscope depth) and shot it down; I'm not sure the enemy ever had a chance to properly ID me.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Hmmm. I'll do a little more tweaking and post version 3 in a day or so.
ORIGINAL: AlexGGGG

This time the enemy did not even fire (except for SAMs; SAMs were firing all right).
I'm not sure how that can be, but I did ID the suspicious ship by the sub and I killed it with a torpedo, and then I did ID the aircraft by the sub (which was at periscope depth) and shot it down; I'm not sure the enemy ever had a chance to properly ID me.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Version 3 uploaded at 4:10 PM 3/27/18. It may take a while for RotC to make any offensive moves...the scenario starts at night and, let's be honest, RotC does not have much in the way of an air force, shore defenses, etc. I had to assume Russia and China would have sold them some new equipment by 2024 just to give them a chance. I also tweaked the scoring...it's easy to get Average but to actually get a Triumph may take a little more work now.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

I'd say it is still easy, but this may now be skewed somewhat because I'm playing it for a third time now.

The enemy is now firing at me all right, and I lost a helo... did you make SAMs more agressive.

What you can do, you can move Pantsyrs more inshore, outside 127mm naval gun range. That would make things real difficult, because Pantsyrs have longer range than Hellfires.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Version 4 uploaded. Followed some of AlexGGGG's suggestions. What do you think?
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Any other thoughts on this one? Is it ready for the Community Scenario Pack? Thanks.
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

Yeah replayed the latest update, works fine.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”