JAVA SE Installation step and Matrix Installer

Your panzer is not running well? Stop here and tell us what's happening!
BletchleyGeek

JAVA SE Installation step and Matrix Installer

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Hello,

installation process went well all the way through the JAVA SE update step. The JAVA updater kicked in without problems and was quite informative and helpful. I was prompted to uninstall a previous version of the JRE I had installed in my system and I accepted. That went well as well and the JAVA installer closed, giving focus back to the Matrix installer.

Which remained unresponsive for over 10 minutes. This is on a Surface 3 Pro, running Windows 10. The game seemed to have installed correctly, I could launch and play while the installer window remained open. Still, it looks to me as slightly unseemly behaviour on behalf the installer.
zakblood

RE: JAVA SE Installation step and Matrix Installer

Post by zakblood »

it maybe just be an issue with the older version being removed before the newer version got registered, as if the game worked fine once it was done, and no errors messages etc from windows or the game?, you could try you AV program logs and see if that has logged anything, or a background task was in the process while uninstalling and re installing the new app and game?

as have installed and uninstalled the same on windows 10 without the issue, that's not so say something hasn't happened, but to replicate it i'd have to also use the same hardware, which i don't have, so is hard to really say what could or has gone on with it, but the staff will read the same message and if something else is needed, will ask by reply or pm etc, thanks for the report.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

did you install by default? eg location etc

was the game downloaded to a download folder or onto the desktop on windows 10?

and have admin permissions on the install account?

install as normal, or right click install as admin on the game installer?

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Hello zakblood,

all default, yes, didn't tweak anything. Maybe the delay was related to having uninstalled previous JAVA versions
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Just installed on my desktop the game, and I didn't get the delay at all. So I guess that's something to do with my Surface being a bit slow with certain operations.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

realise this is an old thread, but the same problem still crops up. I'll trust the advice above and just proceed as if its fully installed

Unlike the OP, I've had no messages about uninstalling an older version

edit: got some odd messages the first time I tried to load, second time the game opened normally
Attachments
20211020_120536.jpg
20211020_120536.jpg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Return to “Tech Support”