Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
crispy131313

RE: Fall Weiss II

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: bluesteel

QUICK QUESTION; DOWNLOADED THE FILE AND USED THE EDITOR AS YOU SUGGESTED; SAVED AS ANOTHER TITLE.
WENT TO THE GAME AND OPENED IT AND LOADED THE NEW TITLE VERSION; WHEN STARTING IT SHOWED CUSTOM AND SAME
INFORMATION LIKE WITH FALL WEISS 9.1 BUT THEN WHEN LOADED THE GAME AND PLAYED A COUPLE ROUNDS EVERYTHING LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL GAME. MAP/UNITS/NEW UNITS ETC

THOUGHTS/IDEAS?????

HITECH

There is a more detailed instruction to set up a mod linked below, created by sPzAbt653.

tm.asp?m=4300169&mpage=1&key=&%2365533;

Could you try these steps and see if it works? Note that when you download the file from my dropbox you will have to unload the 2 files contained within (.cgn file & campaign folder) into the My Games>Campaign folder, they can not remain in the folder you downloaded.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

bluesteel

Post by bluesteel »

Finally got it; for whatever reason every mod I tried to download and install was going into a backup folder. Never would have tried anymore without you help. Thanks again for the mod and the help
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: bluesteel

Finally got it; for whatever reason every mod I tried to download and install was going into a backup folder. Never would have tried anymore without you help. Thanks again for the mod and the help

Your welcome! Another big update is in the works!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Fall Weiss II 13.0 BETA

Post by crispy131313 »

Fall Weiss 13.0 Beta (version)

I have a big update with the re-inclusion of Finland as the 8th Major. This is a 2nd dabble into adjusting the Majors and I think I have gotten it right this time. I had also included Romania in a past version, and while the manpower component felt right, Romania collecting it's own incomes and territories did not.

Given Finland's unique situation in the war as an Axis co-belligerent it feels right to separate the country from ultimate German influence.

In this version Finland's National Morale will make the nation highly susceptible to an armistice, and harsh diplomatic penalties of a DOW from the Allies (Britain's was historically just for show) will in many cases tunnel the re-creation of the "Continuation War" but of course there is room for alternate history. The only true drawback with Finland as an Axis Major is that the Winter War will continue to be simulated, but this will hardly feel unfamiliar as it will replay like every previous match, with the exception being that the Allied expedition to Finland will never truly bring Finland into the Allied camp (the decision notes are amended).

Some additional notes:

- Finland has been scripted with all the necessary Axis AI
- A Finnish town that is captured via territory script may still show as a National Morale target, but that is because it is now a target of the other side
- Finnish build limits are purposely limited, some ancillary units (Engineers, Anti-Tank, Tank Division, Heavy Artillery) are available through conditional events only. I have not made it impossible to build an air force or some naval presence but it will be difficult with your limited resources.
- Note that some additional units will deploy near Joensuu to that can be used to protect National Morale targets in Karelia upon war entry (in addition to the Petsamo garrison and the variable Army Group near Vyborg).

Other housekeeping:
- Small fixes, mainly to decision text
- UK Mechanized Unit removed from Allied AI (Egypt)
- Kiev & Smolensk can now be plundered by Germany if conditions are met
- Turkey & Spain can now purchase an additional HQ
- Tampere (Finland) upgraded to City and Industrial Center
- Added numerous decisions for Finland (some situational) and Murmansk decision for USSR

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeik6qin1ew5o ... a.zip?dl=0

As this is considered a BETA due to the major change I have not updated the first page. If you encounter any error I would appreciate knowing.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

BPINisBACK

RE: Fall Weiss II 13.0 BETA

Post by BPINisBACK »

It sound very interesting!!!! [&o][&o]
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Has anyone tried this version with Finland? Is this an improvement?

I'm doing a play through now, and can note that there is a timing error in the Moscow Peace Treaty (if no Allied expedition) National Morale Event which I will fix, and will likely adjust the Sortvala and Vyborg NM objectives so it is more clear when these are applicable.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

I have downloaded but have not had time to try it out..also wanted to say that I greatly appreciate your prior work.

Your mod has been my preference over the very good vanilla game for some time now.
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

...also wanted to say that I greatly appreciate your prior work.
bluesteel

Post by bluesteel »

Crispy;
Hitech here; finishing my game of the 12 version. Dying to try the new one but probably won't be until the weekend; again top shelf stuff. Words are not enough but thank you, thankyou etc....
crispy131313

Fall Weiss II 14.0

Post by crispy131313 »

Version 14.0 uploaded below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx918s14bwuzo ... 4.zip?dl=0

The link for the most recent 7 Major (12.0) is still available on the opening thread if that remains preferable to some players.

- New Victory Conditions (seen below) to encourage Axis to play defensively after the tide of war has turned.
- Vichy Algeria Corps at Algeria will now be a higher strength upon Axis DOW then if Allied DOW to represent a higher resolve to resist the Axis and for balance.
- Finnish National Morale Objectives Cleaned Up.
- Blocked Finland from purchasing diplomacy chits in Spain.
- Moved Finnish HQ & Fighters to nearby towns.
- Added pre-war entry Guard Scripts for Finland.
- Amended some Decision and Popup text.
- Removed Finnish Pro-Axis Pop Ups which no longer apply.

Attachments
333.jpg
333.jpg (47 KiB) Viewed 64 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

elxaime

RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0

Post by elxaime »

Thanks again for all your hard work. I had a question though about the Anglo-Portuguese Treaty. At first blush, it looks like a one-time offer thing, either invoke it in September 1939 or it becomes unavailable thereafter. But what if Spain comes in as pro-Axis later? From what I read of the Treaty, it wasn't renounced in 1939, both the UK and Portugal reaffirmed it, but both sides agreed the UK hadn't invoked it. This seems to indicate that, in the event of Spain later joining the Axis, the UK very likely would have reconsidered. Does the Treaty ever become available later? If not, it seems Portugal becomes easy pickings for a quick successful 1-turn Axis invasion, but it seems unlikely that the wily Salazar would do nothing if Franco aligned himself with Hitler and Mussolini and was massing forces on his border. Thanks in advance for your answer.
JVJ
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: elxaime

Thanks again for all your hard work. I had a question though about the Anglo-Portuguese Treaty. At first blush, it looks like a one-time offer thing, either invoke it in September 1939 or it becomes unavailable thereafter. But what if Spain comes in as pro-Axis later? From what I read of the Treaty, it wasn't renounced in 1939, both the UK and Portugal reaffirmed it, but both sides agreed the UK hadn't invoked it. This seems to indicate that, in the event of Spain later joining the Axis, the UK very likely would have reconsidered. Does the Treaty ever become available later? If not, it seems Portugal becomes easy pickings for a quick successful 1-turn Axis invasion, but it seems unlikely that the wily Salazar would do nothing if Franco aligned himself with Hitler and Mussolini and was massing forces on his border. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi elxamie,

If Spanish war entry is gained by diplomacy, the UK will be presented with the below decision event once Spain is 80% Axis leaning. Note that this decision is only available if Portugal is Allied leaning, reinforcing the importance of diplomatic investment in minors.

With the very real possibility that Spain may soon join the Axis we must consider the strategic importance of Portugal. A successful attack against Portugal will give the Axis complete access to the Atlantic. Their is a proposal to rush military aid to the Portuguese, which may provide enough resistance for the Allies to prepare a counter attack. Doing so will surely rouse Franco to our intentions and will push Spain further into the Axis sphere of influence but this may be a risk we should take. Should we prepare for war with Spain and strengthen the Portuguese Army? It will cost 75 MPP for 3 Turns.

If you say (YES) Portugal will receive a HQ as well as a fully upgraded Infantry Corps unit at Lisbon and will also deploy garrison units at Evora and Porto. As military resources are being transferred under Portuguese control, they will deploy when and if Portugal enters the war for either side. Spain will move 3-5% closer to the Axis in response to the military build up in Portugal.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

elxaime

Post by elxaime »

Thanks! Looks like you are one step ahead.
JVJ
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Testing your new update. Playing as Axis against Allied AI.
September 1943. Finnish are at war with Russia. On september 20th, at the end of the Allied turn, all the finnish units but one disappeared and the on screen message tells that there is an armistice. By the way, at the start of my turn, finnish are still at war with Russia ann must combat the war with the only unit remaining. That is strange.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

That is strange. The Finns will sign an armistice (if the Allies agree via Decision) if their National Morale dips below 50% in my testing once Finland signed an armistice they simply removed themselves from the war, i.e. no units, and could not be DOW'd again. Was this a single unit outside of Finnish territory? Perhaps you could send me a screenshot of the situation and I can review the scripts.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

sad ham

Post by sad ham »

It was not the only unit outside Finland. By the way after the armistice the Finns are still at war with Russia. It means that I have to build again the Finn army to continue the war.
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

That is strange. The Finns will sign an armistice (if the Allies agree via Decision) if their National Morale dips below 50% in my testing once Finland signed an armistice they simply removed themselves from the war, i.e. no units, and could not be DOW'd again. Was this a single unit outside of Finnish territory? Perhaps you could send me a screenshot of the situation and I can review the scripts.

There is no way to keep Finland into the war. Also doing nothing the morale falls down, so that every unit disappears, but one (the one you see in the pic).
Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (817.69 KiB) Viewed 75 times
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Furthermore (to take again Hanko after the armistice) I did a paradrop with a german unit, but that unit cannot move out of Hanko and cannot enter inside Finn territory, and the Finn unit remaining after the armistice must combat alone against the russian bear.
Attachments
Immagine2.jpg
Immagine2.jpg (997.17 KiB) Viewed 68 times
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Thanks for all this info, the unit I see in the image is a German Divison and the order of events show the armistice being subsequently followed by a trigger for Finland to join the Axis. For some reason there must have been more then one Finnish war entry trigger and I will have to remove the additional.

On another note you said Finland can not stay in the war? Could you expand on what led to the armistice, was it a loss of NM objectives?
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

sad ham

Post by sad ham »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

Thanks for all this info, the unit I see in the image is a German Divison and the order of events show the armistice being subsequently followed by a trigger for Finland to join the Axis. For some reason there must have been more then one Finnish war entry trigger and I will have to remove the additional.

On another note you said Finland can not stay in the war? Could you expand on what led to the armistice, was it a loss of NM objectives?

Nope. Just doing nothing the morale fell down.
The unit you see in the image is not a german division but a finn division I did build during the game.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”