Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Izgud

RE: Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Post by Izgud »

ORIGINAL: kvnjnny

Hey guys! I hope am in the right place for this. I was redirected from another forum.
I am having a problem with my DB3000 Build 473.
The RIM66 SM-2MR missiles are displaying the image and the description for the MIM-23 Hawk missile for the following entries:

I've checked my copies of Ships and Aircraft of the U.S. Fleet, 14e. and Combat Fleets of the World, 88/89 and 1993 editions. The data seems similar but I am new to this so I would prefer someone more knowledgeable to verify.

Is this a problem with my DB or has someone else seen/reported this already? Tried to search on the terms but did not have any luck on this issue.

Thanks!
This should be fixed in post #373. You may need to delete your old DB3000 images folder for it to work.
miller7219

Post by miller7219 »

The submarine: #517 -022 Rais Hadi Slimane [PL-636M Kilo](Algeria - 2011)

It has the Los Angeles Class' description. Using Most current 998.5 and vanilla install. Not using the any community image or description packs.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

New images and descriptions are available at the Warfare Sims page at:
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

A special thank you to kgambit who was instrumental in getting this version of the package out this time!

I'm going to try to get the updates done on a more routine basis (every 3 months or so) beginning in June, as I am retiring then. For those who sent me corrections: many didn't make it into this version of the database, but will be incorporated into the next version.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
riflebrigade

Post by riflebrigade »

I have never used MediaFire before.

Is it safe to download files from MediaFire?
jack54

Post by jack54 »

ORIGINAL: riflebrigade

Watch your tool tip carefully...

MediaFire never fails to scare the crap at of me. Pop ups.. then tries to get me to down load another program. 'still not downloading click here' stuff which has nothing to do with the download I want.

I really appreciate all work done for this update but I'm passing for now [:(]
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
DracoLlasa

Post by DracoLlasa »

mediafire is fine and safe, you just have to make sure you click the actual correct download button, and that is part that is frustrating.
i personally don't like the service because they make ads and other program download stuff look too much like what you are there for, so you really have to pay attention.
It's just sleezy to trick people who are not very computer savvy. I understand they (like everyone else) has to make money, but they are a bit to deceptive.

I have never had an issue downloading from them, when i make sure im clicking the right link, but i would never choose them to serve files to people i felt were important.

Anyways, i'm sure this is getting off topic a bit, so i will leave it at that.

I do also want to thank those that put in the hard work to make these updates available, sorry if my mediafire opinion rubs anyone the wrong way, i really do thing the team doing the work with the DB does amazing work and i appreciate the updates.
Raptorx7_slith

Post by Raptorx7_slith »

You guys really need to use adblock or Ublock, with either of those you won't have any problems with ads on mediafire or anywhere else.
riflebrigade

Post by riflebrigade »

Is there a reason why current DB image and description files can not be downloaded from the same site as game update files?

Are the then current DB image and description files included with each game update download?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn »

DB images and descriptions are considered a "mod" just like the community scenario package, they're not officially developed by Matrix and thus are hosted on external sites.

I don't have anything against mediafire but oh boy was the download slow, 50-100 kb/s, google drive was slow but not THAT slow. Alas, that's the plight of free file hosting services.

Anyway thanks for putting it together, there are really a ton of new images especially in the DB3000
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

CV60, thanks for new image pack!
It is possible to download also Line Drawing images? Thanks.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

The line drawings haven't changed since the last update. To be honest, I haven't spent much time with them at all for awhile. Is there much interest in the line drawings?
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

Earlier posts in this thread offer Photoshop actions to tidy up the DB images.
Anybody who doesn't have Photoshop but wants to give the images a quick tweak could give XnConvert a look
https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/ It's 100% free & no Ads.

It won't do the same job as the Photoshop action but it's easy (and quick) to batch resize, add a border and a watermark etc. Doing the whole of the DB3000 directory took less than 10mins (coffee time).
Not a massive change, but not a lot of work to do and costs nothing.

Attachments
StatusImage.jpg
StatusImage.jpg (29.12 KiB) Viewed 251 times
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: CV60
The line drawings haven't changed since the last update. To be honest, I haven't spent much time with them at all for awhile. Is there much interest in the line drawings?
I mean the previous line drawings pack. I once downloaded it but I erased it by mistake and can not find where it possible to download it again. Thanks.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

ORIGINAL: jack54
ORIGINAL: riflebrigade

Watch your tool tip carefully...

MediaFire never fails to scare the crap at of me. Pop ups.. then tries to get me to down load another program. 'still not downloading click here' stuff which has nothing to do with the download I want.

I really appreciate all work done for this update but I'm passing for now [:(]

I reset my IE pop up blocker to High (it was on medium) and downloaded everything fine. [8D]

Thanks again for the update!
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
charlee22009

Post by charlee22009 »

see the earlier post with the link to all the images. That pack should contain the original drawings plus all the line - plus some others.

:)
CV60

Post by CV60 »

quote:

I mean the previous line drawings pack. I once downloaded it but I erased it by mistake and can not find where it possible to download it again. Thanks.
I'll try to get them re-uploaded to the website. It may be a few weeks
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

In newest description pack, in CWDB, AGM-65B Maverick seems to have description of AGM-62B Walleye.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

Oh yes. Very much interested here.
gpotter511

Post by gpotter511 »

Nevermind - rectified - thank you!
KC45

Post by KC45 »

Can I ask about mistake here?
The Facility_839/Type 93 Kin-SAM have picture of Japanese TAN-SAM, which has similar name but not same. There is a picture at wiki I think so I hope some of you can change.
Thanks
Wargame is fun if war is unreal

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”