Free state ships vanish

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Edfactor

Free state ships vanish

Post by Edfactor »

I build ships for Holland as France, when the ships come available they just vanish.

I have a save game from the diplomacy phase with ships about to show up. There is even a little white ship in the port, but when it comes reinforcement time the ships are gone.

I found the problem running under the last regular patch, I updated to the new 1.22.01 and the problem is still there.

I tried using Mantis but I kept getting an error and could not find any mistake to correct on the form.
"Invalid form security token. This could be caused by a session timeout, or accidentally submitting the form twice."
pzgndr

RE: Free state ships vanish

Post by pzgndr »

Hmmm, this isn't an AI build issue that I may have introduced. We haven't seen any other reports of minor country ship builds vanishing. If you would post the save game, I'll take a look and see what the issue might be. Has anyone else seen this?
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Edfactor

Post by Edfactor »

ok here is my zipfile
Attachments
AutoSaveG..macy.sav.zip
(226.3 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Got it, and confirmed the problem. So far I've determined that if I make the blockading British fleet go away, then the ship builds arrive ok and can be added to the Holland fleet. Now to figure out why a blockade causes the problem...

And I will add this to Mantis and my ToDo list, and try to get this done for v1.22.02 release.
Bill Macon
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

This is very odd. I cannot find anything in the code that would eliminate ships when they become ready. There is the DblClick function on the arrival box that would scuttle all ships being built in an area but that's not happening. I also advanced the game to March 1807 when 6 Hvy were to arrive, and noted that 5 ships disappeared. I was able to add the one remaining ship to the fleet, so it's not a blockade issue per se. So why are 5 ships disappearing? I don't know. I will continue to investigate for a bit more before I move on.
Bill Macon
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

Keep up the good work pzgndr.

Thank you for all your effort.

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

www.DogsofWarVu.com[/center]

Return to “Tech Support”