Tracker software

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

robinsa

RE: Tracker software

Post by robinsa »

Any updates on this? At this point I would be more than happy if there was a CSV file so that I at least can update an excel sheet to track my campaigns!
tiikki

Post by tiikki »

I'm planning to do something which would collect statistics and "alert" on interesting things found either in the log or in the CSV export.

But as a total beginner with the game I'd like to have few example logs and corresponding CSV from mid- to late-game for both sides. I'd also like to hear what things would you like to produce alert and statistics.

yours, tiikki
Life is too serious to be taken seriously
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

What is it that everyone wants to track???? Is there a Magic “number”?
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

@Tiiki:
That of course depends on how complex you want to make your software. Just a few ideas:
1. Army strength, losses (if possible even by types)
2. Factories and production
3. Stocks of equipment, manpower, supplies etc.
4. Possibility to plot diagrams and to analyze data.
5. If you want to go crazy on your project, you could also track units individually in your database with all stats.

Just some ideas, I know this might become super complex in the praxis.

For CSV files you can E-Mail/PM me using the "contact" feature in the user detail window.
Maybe you can also contact morvael (the modder responsible for WitE post 1.08 (correct ?) for more ideas/information, because he has introduced this feature.
You can also get .CSV files from opening the campaigns 1941, 42, 43, 44 and exportin them from the commanders report, on the lower right side, the "export" button can be found.

Here you can find some WitE spreadsheets which migh serve as further inspiration: tm.asp?m=4317692

Here are quite some people who would appreciate such a tracker, will follow this :)

AFV

Post by AFV »

I use the export feature to track individual units (at least as the Soviet), in order to see the changes in Moral, Experience, TOE, and fatigue (mainly moral and TOE) from turn to turn. My method is a bit clunky, I am sure it could be less manual if someone with better excel knowledge did it.
Pretty much most of what is in the Export, is stuff worth tracking (although I don't mess with the Air stuff).

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”