Soviet production

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

vernvonspud2

Soviet production

Post by vernvonspud2 »

Hello,

Soviet production.

If you manage to save 180 heavy industry, using the formula that each
heavy industry can support 1.6 armaments, you only need to
save 288 of the 370 armaments.

Does that sound about right?

I am trying to learn some of the nuances of the game in
order to play someone online.

Thank you
"I prefer peace, but if trouble must come - let it come in my time so my children may live in peace."
Thomas Paine
Telemecus

RE: Soviet production

Post by Telemecus »

That is about right.

If you want more complications. Heavy industry produces supplies that are consumed directly by your armed forces as well as fed to the arms industry. So you could have a bigger less well equipped army with a lower ratio or a smaller better equipped army with a higher ratio. 1.5 or 1.6 are usually the ratios that some aim for to get the optimum army of size and quality.

Some also have the view that arms are only a Soviet constraint later in 1941, and later in the game you will always wish you had more heavy industry instead. So it depends on how long you expect to take to get to Berlin.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
vernvonspud2

RE: Soviet production

Post by vernvonspud2 »

Thank you so very much for the info. I am just trying to figure out what is main item to keep an eye on and it sounds like, in the long term, it is trucks. Save as many heavy industry and armaments as you can and defend the resource centers you can and manage trucks. Don't worry about oil/fuel production.
"I prefer peace, but if trouble must come - let it come in my time so my children may live in peace."
Thomas Paine

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”